Chapter 18 Family

Hey :) thought I will upload a day early because I got over 10000 reads on the Truth about Love :D I am literally sooo happy that I can't put it into words!

I am writing much more now and I think there is hope for me to finish the story for wattys awards :D will you guys vote for it? :) it will probably be under science friction.

Alright guys remember to comment and vote :D

-------------------

I stomped into the classroom, banging the door open loudly, stomped into the room and slumped on an orange wooden chair in the middle of the room. The chair cracked slightly under my weight as I dumped my bag on the cold stone floor. No one was here yet. First one to detention. Yay.

I pulled out my homework from today and laid them on the table, but instead of getting started on them I just sat there and stare. Not in the mood to do anything at all.

'You know no matter how hard you stare at them the homework won't finish by themselves.' an amused voice said, I immediately flushed red, embarrassed by his comment. I looked up and was surprised to see Diego Gracia looking right back at me.

Diego chuckled at my stunned expression before pulling out the chair in front of me and sit down facing me. I raised my eyebrow at him and he returned my look.

'So, I don't think we have formally met.' He said with a handsome lop-sided smile, no doubt a favorite upon the girls and extended his left hand to me. 'I am Diego Gracia.'

Surprised to feel that he was actually being sincere about the introduction, I took his hand. 'I am Abigail Beckett.'

'What are you two doing?' an unmistakable voice asked and I looked up to see Tom Triole entering the classroom, with that frown in his face.

Diego turned back and smiled at Tom. 'Hey man, what's up?' he said, smiling at him and giving him a wave. I could see why he is so well liked now. This guy is friendly, nice and hot. No wonder every girl in this school has a crush on him. It didn't hurt that he was confidant and knew the effect he has on girls.

Still frowning at me Tom took a seat diagonally in front of Diego. ‘What have you done to get here?’

‘I was quote “making excessive noises” in the library.’ Diego said with a shrug. I almost choked on my own saliva. He got detention because of that? Seriously? Isn’t he the popular guy who could get away with anything?

‘Huh, is there a girl in the picture somewhere?’ Tom asked with a knowing smile, Diego gave him a defeated smile.

‘Megan is still upset.’ He said, slumping down into his chair. I was surprised to feel that he was genuinely bothered by this. He ran a hand through his hair and let out a frustrated sigh.

‘Don’t worry, she will come around.’ Tom said, patting him on the back. My eyes widened. Was Tom Triole actually being nice for a change?

As if he could sense my thoughts Tom shot me a glare before turning back towards the front. Several students piled in, rushed by the teacher behind them.