Chapter 2: Fresh Start

My alarm went off at 6:00am. I jumped up so hard I almost fell out of bed.

"Fuuucccckk!" I hate myself for not going to bed earlier knowing I had to get up for work. I lay in bed for a few more minutes before I curse again and head for the bathroom. I take an extra long time in the hot shower.

I walk to my dresser and let my towel hit the floor. I slip on a some black lace panties and matching bra. It's my first day at work so I want to make a good first impression. I find my tan high waist pencil skirt. It went over my knees but still hugged my hips well. I went with a black button up top and tucked it into my shirt slightly. I do some simple makeup with a smokey eye. I go to do my hair but then I noticed the time.

"Oh shit!"

With staying in bed longer and taking my time in the shower I lost track of time. It was 7:30am. I decided to just leave my hair down in its natural curls. I grabbed my purse, my work bag, and slip on some black heels.

I run to my car and pull out of the parking lot. At this moment I was glad I got an apartment that wasn't too far from my job. After a 15 minute drive I pull into a big parking garage. I try my best to rush inside without looking too crazy. I walked into a big all white lobby with a desk at the center of it. I approach the desk a little out of breath.

"May I help you" the receptionist looked me up and down. Probably thinking why the hell is this girl breathing so hard.

"Yes I'm looking for Mick Corporation" I tried my best to say without seeming winded.

"Top floor, elevators are to the right" she said seeming bored with the conversation.

I run to the elevator, and take advantage of the time in the small metal box to catch my breath. I take a few deep breaths, fix my hair, and touch up my lipstick. I was going to the 14th floor so I had time to get my shit together.

"Okay Lori, get your shit together" I said to myself in my hand mirror I pulled from my purse. I checked my phone one last time and the time read 8:00am on the dot. The doors fly open and I walk through with as much confidence as I could gather.

I walk up to another big desk that sat on the left side of an oval shaped waiting area. There sat a woman with dark red hair, pulled up in a neat bun. She had big hoop earrings and a black dress. She smiled at me when she saw me walking up to her and put down her pen.

"Hey there, what can I do for you"

"Hey, this is my first day on the job and don't really know where I'm suppose to be yet."

"OHH" I jumped a little at her sudden out burst, but also smiled. "Right your the genius college graduate right ?!"

"Oh well I suppose that's me" I laughed a little. "My name is Loretta Green"

"Oh yes, here you are Miss. Green right here" she said as she point at her computer screen even thought she knew I couldn't actually see her screen from where I was standing. "Well I'm Nicole Waters, it's nice to finally meet you."

"You're right on time. Well just wait right there and I'll send a rep to come and grab you." She dialed the phone and waited a few moments. "Yes Loretta is here.... you're welcome." She hung up the phone and picked her pen back up and began to scribble on her paper again. "Well good luck. Maybe we can meet at lunch and I'll give you all the dirt on the place."

"Thanks" I laughed. "And you can call me Lori"

"No problem"She gave me one last smile and returned to her scribbles.

A tall man in a navy blue suit walked into the waiting room and called "Miss. Green." I looked up at him and when he met my eyes he knew it was me. He motioned a finger to come and follow him.