Chapter 17: Morning Pains

Lori's POV

Stan went downstairs to start making breakfast while I got in the shower. When I'm all dressed and ready I go back to Jamie's room with some water. She's still under the covers passed out. I sit in the bed and shake her gently.

"Uhhhgg you're gonna give me motion sickness stop."

"Sorry." I laugh "I brought you some water."

She manages to sit up in bed and grab the water bottle from me.

"Thanks Lori." She looks to me and smiles and I smile back.

Just then my phone rings and it's my mom so I go into the hallway to answer it.

"Hey mom."

"Hey Lori so how's Atlanta? We haven't heard from you in a while."

"Sorry I guess I've been busy adjusting to everything. But things are great, I love my job and made a few friends."

"That's good. You're having such a good time you forgot all about your parents huh?"

"Shanin don't bug the girl." I hear my dad say over the phone.

"Hush Nate! So when are we going to be invited to see your new place?"

"Soon mo-"

"Lori" Stan yells from downstairs.

"Who's that?! Lori do you have a boyfriend? Nate Lori's with a man!"

"Mom no, he's not my boyfriend. Please stop, look I gotta go."

"Ooo okay honey we'll see you and your boyfriend soon. Bye." I roll my eyes and hang up the phone. I go downstairs and Stan has a simple breakfast made.

"Hey babe breakfast is ready. Where's Jamie?"

"Ohh umm she's not feeling well so I'll bring her food up to her."

"Not feeling well? What's wrong?"

"It's fine, she'll be fine."

"Well what if she needs me? I should go up and see what's wrong." He moves to the stairs, but I stop him.

"No stan it's.. uh.. women issues."

"Uh oh okay oh." That's all it took for him to drop it and not ask anymore questions.

We eat our breakfast and talk about anything and everything. Once we're done he cleans up while I take some toast and more water up to Jamie.

"Here's some bread, it's gonna absorb the alcohol in your stomach. Oh and your dad thinks you're in bed all day because of your period so play along."

She laughs.

"Thanks you're the best." She says in between bites of her toast.

"No problem. Hopefully I see you again soon."

"Wait your leaving?"

"Yea I gotta get home and get some stuff done before work tomorrow."

"Oh okay well thanks again." She smiles and gets back to her food.

I packed up all my stuff and Stan walked me to the car to take me home. We rode to my place in silence while Stan rested his hand on my thigh.

"I hope you still enjoyed our weekend together, with my daughter showing up and all."

"Of course I did." I said while giving his hand a reassuring squeeze.

We made it to my place and Stan grabs my bag for me and kisses me goodbye. "I'll see you at work tomorrow."

"Okay, let me know when you get home." I turn and head inside.

I reach the elevator and before I could press the button it opens. And a very messy Nicole walks out and bumps into me.

"Nikki?"

"Lori hey!" She was wearing a oversized T-shirt, basketball shorts, and heels. Her hair was pulled back in a messy ponytail and she had a dress folded up in her arms. All she was missing was "the walk of shame" tattooed on her forehead.

I look her up and down while laughing. "Girl is there something you wanna tell me?"

"Shut up don't judge. I was actually gonna tell you all about it tomorrow, buuuut...guess what?!"

I couldn't help but laugh at my best friend. "What?"

"I had a date with Trevor last night!"

=======

Quick short chapter but more coming very soon. I've been writing a lot lately. Thanks for reading and keep voting. Ily

Shae :)