Chapter 4: Friendly Fun

Lori POV

Trevor knocks on my door at 8:00pm sharp just like we planned. I run to the door and open it to a happy Trevor. I smile and step backwards to allow him to walk inside. But he doesn't come in he just stands there looking at me with his mouth hanging open.

"Umm hello" I waved my hand in front of his face. "Aren't you gonna come in?"

He looks down at a rose he was holding in his hand and with a shaky hand he lifts his arm and hands it to me. I roll my eyes, take the rose, and punch him in the arm. His eyes go wide and he looks normal again. He finally walks in and smiles at me.

"Sorry, but Lori you look amazing"

"Thanks" I laugh. I start to walk to the table while putting my earrings in my ears. I place the rose on the table. "Let me just go grab my heels and my purse." I return to my bedroom and decide that some nude heels would look nice with my white dress. I wore a spaghetti strapped white body-con dress. Since I had the time I went ahead and straighten my hair and redid my makeup. This time doing a more night look then a work look. I grab my tan clutch and transfer all of my stuff from my old purse to the tan one. I start to head back to the door and see Trevor waiting patiently for me. This time it was my turn to stare at him like a little horny school kid.

He wore black pants and a white button up shirt. He wore a black bow tie and exchanged his sliver stud earrings for black ones. He honestly looked like he belonged on a magazine cover. He was so handsome without even trying or even realizing it. Any girl would be lucky to be going on a date with a guy like Trevor. So... why am I not feeling the butterflies in my stomach like I should? Sometimes I hate that I can only really be attracted to older men. I don't know why, I suppose it's just my thing. Every girl has something about her and the type of guy that she likes, and mines just happen to be older men.

He looks up at me and catch's me staring at him.

"Oh hey. You ready?." He reaches for the door and gestures for me to lead the way out. I smile and we head out. We step outside and Trevor leads us to his car. I stop in amazement.

"Wait... this is your car?"

"Huh? Oh yea" he scratch's the back of his head a little embarrassed. "Well working in a auto shop does have it's perks. It took years but I finally restored this car. I found it abandoned one day and now it's all mine." He flashed a model smile.

"It's amazing. I love it." Trevor smiles feeling accomplished and opens the door for me of his 1967 GTO convertible.

"So where are we going?" I ask on the drive.

"There is this really nice Italian place, it's super popular."

"Oh cool, sounds good. I hope we get in."

"I called yesterday to make a reservation, we have to be on time or they'll give our table away. It took a lot of calls but I wanted this date to be perfect." I give him a smile and we remain silent for the rest of the car ride.

Trevor wasn't joking when he said this place was popular. The parking lot was completely packed. Trevor pulled over at the entrance and unlocked the doors.

"You go inside and make sure they don't give our table away. I'll circle the lot and find a park and meet you inside. The reservation is under Trevor Johnson" I nod an okay and get out the car. The place is beautiful and big. There was mood lighting and candles at every table. I walk to the host still taking in the scenery.