Chapter 9: Jumping to Conclusions

Stan's POV

I sit at the table with my knee bouncing up and down, looking at my watch every minute. I've never been so nervous before. I wonder if she'll even recognize me.

I sit and wait for Jamie a few more minutes until I see her walk inside the restaurant. I relax and my muscles unclench and a big smile spreads across my face.

I stand and smile as she makes her way to me. She smiles back at me and gives me a warm hug. It's almost as if everything in my life is going right.

She catches me up on her life and I absorb every word of it.

"So I was accepted into Iowa State and that's my number one choice."

"That's great honey, I'm proud of you!" I say while taking another bite of my pancakes.

"Yea, but I haven't told mom yet. She'll have a heart attack if she knew I wanted to leave the state."

"Well that's cause your mom is a possessive, bloodsucking, contr-"

"Dad!" Jamie yells with a giggle. "I know dad I know. It's like she doesn't want me to ever leave her."

"Because she's afraid of being alone. She digs her nails into anyone that's close to her thinking it'll make them stay". Jamie signs heavily.

"What am I gonna do dad. As far as she knows I'm going to Clark Atlanta University?" I grab her hand that was laying on the table and look her right in the eye.

"Honey you're an adult now. You have to make the choices that are best for you. Not me or your mom. And whatever you choose I'll support you." She smiles at me.

"Thanks dad. You know you're nothing like how mom describes you as."

"Yea I'm not surprised, that manipulating lying.."

"Dad!" We laugh and enjoy the rest of our meal. We spend the rest of our time talking and laughing.

On the way home from brunch I couldn't wait to tell Lori all about it tomorrow. With Lori and Jamie in my life I actually felt real happiness. Which I haven't felt in a long time.

———-

Since Lori's car was still in the shop, I told her I would pick her up for work today and I didn't take no for an answer.

"Stan I'm so happy for you and Jamie." She gives my hand a little tug while it rested in her lap, while I drove with my other hand. I slip my finger up her dress and gentle rub her surface through her lace underwear. She smiles and looks at me.

"Not now Stan, we're gonna be at work in a few minutes."

Ignoring her I slide her panties aside and rub her button. She jumps a little and slowly starts to reach for my hand to push it away. But I push one finger inside her slit and her head falls back. I keep a good pace pushing in and out of her. She tries to bite back her moans as the car engine vibrates underneath her. I feel her tightening around my fingers and her leg slowly starts to lift when I pull them out.

Her eyes shoot open and she looks at me like a little lost puppy. She is so beautiful when she does that.

"We're here babe" I smile and she looks out the window to see that we parked in the garage at work. I unbuckle my seatbelt and she grabs my arm and frowns at me. I laugh at how cute she was being.