{.*+Chapter 17: How? +*.}

Night quickly came over the forest, I seemed like a shadow flying through the night. My red eyes and markings were the only things to be seen. I didn't want to go back to my den, so I decided to fly around and clear my head. How could he be my second mate? Is there even such thing? Those questions kept on flooding into my head.
"Second mates are basically a second chance. If you get rejected by your mate." Xena said.
"But they are rare, not many wolves actually find them." Damon added.
"But we didn't reject each other yet." I replied.
"You had a strong relationship with Zeus. Maybe that's the reason." Xena said. I hovered above the pack territory, I was too bored to go back home.
"Hunting?" Damon asked excited.
"On wolves!" Xena added excited as well.
"Wolf killing?" I replied, not sure what they meant. I felt both of them nod. "Sure."
I hovered above their pack house, hoping someone would see me. They did, sadly my brother was over to Xavier. I didn't care, he will not ruin my hobby. Some of their warriors came outside, I killed all of them easily. Pulling their throats out and snapping their heads, but I didn't leave a single head one anyone's body. My signature. Shade came out of the pack house, he gave me the death stare. Xavier was right after him, he was shocked. Zeus' father came out of their pack house, why was he there?
"Why is he there?" I asked my wolves.
"No idea." Both of them replied. My brother came running over to me.
"If you will not stop, I will personally fight you." He said.
"You? Fight me?" I laughed. "You will get killed in less then a second!"
He stared at me, he wanted me to go into the light and stop killing. He wants me to be like our mother, as I am older I would take over her spot.
"I will not take her spot." I hissed. "I will take father's spot, I do not want to be ruling over heaven."
A cloud of black smoke and lighting appeared behind me.
"That's what I want to hear!" My father shouted happily. I looked over at him, grinning.
"Heaven sucks." I said with disgust. A white glowing cloud appeared behind shade, moon goddess.
My father an I stared at her, as if she was an enemy. Maybe she was...
"What did you say, my dear?" She asked looking straight at me.
"Heaven sucks." I said again. She looked at me, her expression was sad but disappointed at the same time. I laughed in my mind, I did not care. I glowing tear fell down her muzzle, she was... sad?
"Shade?" She began speaking to my brother. "You will become prince of heaven next week. It will take hold here, on earth."
My brother looked at my as if it was supposed to make me jealous. I rolled my optics (eyes) at him.
"And you, Moon, will become the true princess of the underworld next week as well. The same place." My father told me.
My brother looked jealous, I bet that he wanted to become the prince of underworld, but as a white wolf he can't. Only black wolves can be royalty in hell.
"I am proud of you, honey." My father said to me.
"I am proud of myself," I replied to him. He smiled at me, it was the first true smile he showed me. He quickly took it off his muzzle though.
My parents disappeared and Shade flew to his home, which left me standing alone. I am not saying that I don't like it but all of the other wolves kept on staring at me.
"Go away!" I growled, they gasped and ran into the pack house. Zeus came running out to me.
"I-I don't know what to say, my wolf told me that you are my second mate a few minutes ago." He said.
"I know." I replied emotionlessly. "I don't know what to think yet."
"If you don't decide to be with me but with your first mate..." He added. "Just know that no matter where you are, you will be always looking at the same moon as I am."

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!
What do you think of Prince Zeus? Would you choose him over Xavier?
Let me know in the comments, it might depend of how the first book actually ends. >:)
May the power of the moon be with you!