{.*+Chapter 25: Things happen.+*.}

I slowly made my way back to the den, my ears twitching to the sound of chirping birds. I noticed that it was actually early morning. It was still dark so only my glowing eyes were seen. Suddenly, I heard someone step on a branch, it snapped. Everything fell quiet as I stopped. Then I heard it, and felt it. A gun bullet was shot right into my chest, probably barely passing my heart. Then I smelt the person who did that, it was a human. A hunter you might say. My blood stared to boil, how does he dare!
    A low growl escaped my maw, I crept up to the human while ignoring the pain caused by the gun shot. The human's eyes widened in fear and regret, he tried to back away. But before he could take his second step, I pounced on him. My jaws fastening on his neck. I released after a few seconds, leaving the man alone on the ground. Dead.
I somehow managed to get back to the den, my vision started to get blurry. I collapsed onto the ground before reaching the entrance of the den. My visón even blurrier, I fainted.
I few moments passed, I opened my eyes. Every single part of my body ached, I could smell a faint scent of another wolf. Probably a medic, I guess that Xavier was worried about me.
"Mommy is awake!" He yelped in happiness, while jumping onto the bed licking my face.
"That's enough." I chuckled while carefully pushing him away with my muzzle. Xavier came running into the room, I could tell that he was still worried, but happiness came onto his face quickly.
"How long was I out for?" I asked calmly.
"About a week?" He mumbled. "Five days."
"Five days!?" I yelped. Xavier's expression changed into guiltiness.
"I told the medic to give you a sleep herb, so that you could heal properly." Xavier replied, disappointment filled my eyes. I could have done so many thing in five days! But of course, he had to do that!
"Moon, I'm sorry, okay?" He said.
"No! It's not okay, you know how many things I could of have done?!" I snapped, Xavier's ears fell flat.
"Well, its not my fault that you got hurt!" He growled. "I just wanted to protect you! To be a good mate!"
Xavier ran off, the words kept on echoing through my mind. Acid was tucked in under the bed, shaking.
"It's alright, Acid. Don't be scared." I said to him, I could tell that he wasn't shaking anymore. But he didn't want to come out. I sighed.
"I'm gonna go hunt, don't ram off to anywhere." I barked as I ran off, following the trail of scent that lead me straight to a large deer. I killed him with one bite on the neck. I dragged him back to the den, thankfully, I was very strong so it wasn't hard. Sadly I notice that Xavier wasn't back...
   I dragged the prey into the den, Acid looked at me, asking if he can eat. I just nodded. I sat down on my bed a noticed that there was a letter there, it was from Xavier:
'I love you dearly Moon, it was my fault that we got into a fight. I'm sorry. I didn't want that to happen, I was just really worried about you. You're my mate after all. I decided to invite onto a date. I know you don't like being in your human form but please. Today, at midnight, At the restaurant called The Midnight Love.
With love, Xavier.'

Isn't Xavier such a sweet mate? I'm sorry for the VERY late chapter, it's as I told you, I was on a school trip for a week. I didn't have much time and also there was a two day art challenge which made me even more busy. I'm sorry!
There is also one more thing, the summer holiday is coming up and I am leaving on Saturday. I will try to update again but I'm not sure if I will be able.
Well, stay pawsome, my friends!