A Deal

A flew days later I followed Gunnar as a Terrible Terror to the highest cliff on the island. I perched on a branch and looked down below me. On the cliff stood about fifteen long rows of chained Singetails who were each held by a hunter. At the very front stood a large blood-red Singetail with maroon markings. He had more spikes on his back and head than the other Singetails. He also had larger wings and tail fins. He was much bigger then the others and I guessed that he was a Titan Wing. As soon as I saw that large Singetail I was filled with anger and wanted to tear it apart. This confused me. I hated the Singetails because they had taken Autumn from me, but why did I hate this one so much? "It is nearly time for us to put our plan into action. This powerful pack of Singetails is under my control and they can gather the dragons for us to sell!" Gunnar said and the hunters all cheered. "These powerful dragons can be very helpful, but each of you must be their boss. They must work for us. But you are my hunters and you work for me, never forget that! And if you do forget, I shall help you to remember" Gunnar said. I watched as Gunnar raised his hand and pointed to a large target set out in front of them all. I watched in anger and devastation as these hunters started beating the chained Singetails with whips to make them shoot fire at the target. They were treating them like slaves!

After the little show was over Gunnar made his way into the leader tent with his second in command. I shifted into a Changewing and turned invisible then crawled into the tent with them. I curled up in a corner and watched. "Here on this map is a dragon nest. We set sail first thing tomorrow. It should take us about one day to reach it and when we do, you and your dragon crew can do your thing" the second in command said as he drew a circle on the map. "That sounds like an admirable idea. I shall go and prepare my crew now" Gunnar said with a grin. "Allow me to join you, I may be of asstance" the second in command asked. Gunnar nodded and the two men left the tent. I crawled forwards and looked at the map which was laid out on the table. One of the islands had a red circle around it, that must be where the dragon nest was, whatever that meant. All I knew is that I needed to get there before the dragon hunters did and check it out for myself.

I set out before the sun had even made its way into the sky. I was determined to find this dragon nest and check it out. I flew over the ocean as a Deadly Nadder for some time. I had memorised where the island was and I knew I was getting near.

Suddenly I spotted an island up ahead. It was actually just a large mountain. I circled over it to try and find an entrance. But I found nothing. I flew higher up and looked down below, why did the hunters want to reach this lump of rock so badly? Then I spotted a hole near the top of the mountain. I dived into it and found myself in a small cave. There were a few dragons laying around. I landed by a Zippleback and asked the way. "Excuse me, but do you know where I can find your leader?" "He's the Terrible Terror over there" the Zippleback replied. I thanked him and landed by the small Terror. I bowed my head in respect. "Who are you? And what are you doing here?" The Terror asked. "My name is StarFire and I've come to warn you" I said. "Warn me about what?" The Terror asked. Just before I could explain, there was a loud crash and the whole cave shook. "You're under attack!" I yelled. "Everyone follow me!" The Terror screamed as he flew towards the exit. I dashed after him and squeezed out of the small hole. The mountain was surrounded by hunter ships.

I dived towards Gunnar's ship and blasted it with burning red fire. A net was shot at me. I dived under it, but flew right into another net. I crashed onto the deck and was tossed into a cage. "Wait!" Came a shout. I looked over and saw Gunnar who was holding the large red Singetail in chains. "Alright, go challenge their alpha and win!" Gunnar told the Singetail as he pointed his whip from the Singetail to the crowd of wild dragons. The large dragon nodded and flew towards the Terrible Terror. I watched in dismay as the tiny Terrible Terror was defeated within seconds and the pack of dragons followed the Singetail to the boat. They all landed on the deck. The hunters quickly put the dragons into cages and the boat set sail for the hunters base. I watched as Gunnar fed his dragon a fish then walked away and left the Singetail roaming around on the deck. "What are you doing? Why are you working for him?" I hissed at the Singetail. "He's my leader. And you, as a dragon, should know that you always listen to your leader!" The Singetail hissed back at me. I growled at him, but laid off.

When we got back to the hunters base and my cage was put with the others. I waited until early morning, when everyone was asleep then I shifted into a human. I reached my arm through the bars and flipped the lock. The door opened and I ran off.

I ran through the trees of a small woodland. Suddenly a hand grabbed my waist and pulled me backwards. "Ahhh!" I screamed. "Shhh!" A voice hissed at me and a hand covered my mouth. I was let go and I spun around to look at my capturer. I saw a tall boy with sort brown hair. "Who are you?" I asked. "My name is Kai, but more importantly who are you?" Kai asked. "I'm Destiny" I introduced myself. "Ah Destiny, a very appropriate name for a girl who can change into a dragon" Kai grinned. "Oh Thor, you can't tell anyone!" I hissed at him. "And why would I keep your little secret?" Kia smirked as he leaned against a tree. "Because I have the power to change into a dragon and burn you into tiny flakes of dust!" I snapped at him. Kai looked me up and down then laid his eyes on mine. "Alright blondie, I'll keep quiet for now. What are you doing sneaking around my camp anyway?" Kai asked. "Your camp?" I questioned. "Well yes. I'm Kia Rockblossom. Gunnar Rockblossom is my father so technically this is my camp too. Now please tell me what you're doing here" Kai said. "I'm trying to escape so I can go and look for my sister who was carried away by a Singetail" I explained. "Well you're not getting off this island, it's heavily guarded and the hunters will shoot down any dragon or human who tries to escape" Kai informed me. "Please can you help me escape? I need to find my sister." "Look I don't like it here either, but it's hard to escape. The only reason I stay is because my dragon, Fireball, is being used to capture other dragons." "You have a dragon?" I asked in surprise. "Yes and before you say anything me and Fireball have a real bond, I'm not like my father" Kai told me. "Where is Fireball now?" I asked. "He's with the other Singetails. My father has made a pack of Singetails with his one as the leader. The pack does whatever he commands them" Kai sighed. "A pack?" I asked, hoping for more information. "Yes, they roam the island and always stay together. My father got the idea when he found out about Fireball and me" Kai told me. "Okay Kai, how about this? I will join the Singetail pack and bring back Fireball for you. Once you and Fireball are reunited you help me escape this island" I proposed my idea. I watched Kai as he thought. "Okay deal. But every night you meet me here and keep me informed" Kai said. "We have a deal" I said as I held out my hand and Kai shook it.