A Base No More

I woke up after a long restless night. Well that's how it was for me at least, turns out everyone else slept just fine. The others were already awake. I made breakfast and we all sat around in a circle to eat. "What now?" Kai asked. "I'm going to dismiss the hunters" I said. "Then what? We can't really go back to Mistdell" Autumn said. I sighed and looked at the tunnels around us. "You know, I'm actually quite fond of this island" I said. "It is pretty cool. I like it and I only just got there!" Kai agreed. "So are we just staying here?" Gunnar asked uncomfortably. "We could make it all cozy by lighting up the tunnels!" Autumn said as she started getting excited. I looked up and everyone nodded. "Then this is our new home!" I said happily. Gunnar sighed and I could sense he was uneasy. "I'm going to go and sort out the base. Gunnar will come with me. Kai and Autumn, do you want to start making our island nicer?" I asked. "Oh yes!" Autumn grinned and Kai nodded happily. "Alright, you're coming with me" I said as I shifted into a Nadder and let Gunnar climb onto me.

I flew quickly through the sky and soon reached the rocky island, the hunter's base. I landed on the ground and shifted into my human self. Gunnar was still uneasy. "What's up?" I questioned. "Just adjusting, that's all" Gunnar replied. 'Okay whatever, I have better things to do then worry about dad' I thought sarcastically. I entered the campsite and immediately hunters started to gather around us. "Get everyone over here then hand everything over to me" I told Gunnar. He sighed and got the hunter's attention. Once everyone was gathered around Gunnar spoke. "This is my daughter, Destiny, and I am officially handing everything I own, including you lot, over to her" Gunnar said and immediately the crowd started murmuring. "Listen up!" I yelled and soon everyone was paying attention again. "All of this violence stops right now! No more hunting dragons! No more fighting, trapping or killing! You no longer take commands from a leader, you are free men! Drop your weapons, take off your uniform and armour! Get off this island and go make yourselves a real life!" I said. "But we have nowhere to go. We belong to you. Do you even agree with this sir?" A hunter called to Gunnar. Gunnar sighed then spoke. "Yes, I support my daughter. You must leave." "Put your uniforms in a pile over there, weapons over there, then leave! And that's an order!" I yelled.

I watched as the last crew of men left their uniform and weapons behind then took the last boat and sailed away. It was only me and Gunnar left. "You happy now?" Gunnar asked miserably. "Not yet. You gather everything from the camp, including the hunter's uniforms and weapons" I command. "You not helping?" Gunnar asked me grumpily. "I have other things to do" I said and Gunnar reluctantly nodded. I shifted into a light green Singetail and flew to the pack's cave. As soon as I walked into the cave the pack of Singetails swarmed around me. "Where is FireFang?" "What happened?" "Why are you here?" They all asked. I jumped up onto a large rock and everyone fell silent. "Your leader is dead!" I called out. The pack gasped and murmured to each other. "What now, alpha?" A yellow Singetail asked me. "I am not your alpha. The hunters have left and you are now free dragons! If you wish to come with me then you may join me and my human family at our island. You are free" I said. Some dragons left the cave and some stayed. Those who stayed followed me to the center of the island. "Destroy anything human and free all the dragons!" I commanded and the dragons set off in different directions.

I flew over the island. Dragons were flying away and any traps or buildings, including the arena, were being taken apart. I flew over the arena and blasted the metal floor which cracked. Down below, in the hole I had created, I saw the chained Death Song. I dived down to it and started blasting the chains. Once the last chain fell to the ground, the Death Song chirped happily. "Oh thank you, thank you! But I don't know what to do now... I have nowhere to go" She told me. "Come with me and stay at my island. You can leave whenever you want" I offered. She smiled and nodded.

I circled the island one last time. All the dragons were free and everything human had been destroyed.

I landed in the campsite, or what was left of it, and shifted into my human self. "This place looks so empty and different" Gunnar said. "The island is free again" I replied happily. I shifted into a Singetail and Gunnar climbed on my back. I leapt into the air. The pack of Singetails and the Death Song followed. "Are they coming with us?" Gunnar asked. I nodded. "Even that big Death Song?" Gunnar asked with unease and shock. I nodded again. I landed the dragons on our island. "Welcome to Hole Island! This island is violence free. It is owned by both humans and dragons. You are welcome to stay and go as you please as long as you respect my rules" I said and everyone agreed. "Enjoy your new home!" I said as I spread my wings and dived into a nearby hole. I reached the cliff and landed on the ledge where Eclipse, Autumn and Kai where sitting.

Gunnar slid off my back and I shifted into my human self. Gunnar started heading towards his son, but Kai gave him a fierce glare. I guess Kai still didn't like his father. Gunnar approached Autumn instead. "Do you mind if I sit with you?" He asked. Autumn seemed unsure at first, but she agreed. She was still quite young so it was easier for Autumn to forgive our father then it was for Kai and me. I wanted to forgive my father, but I still didn't trust Gunnar. "We have a few dragons on the island, but don't worry, they won't bother us" I told everyone. "So you're just going to let them stay here?" Gunnar asked with a frown. "They don't know how to be wild anymore, thanks to you. This is a safe place where they can stay at and leave at any time" I explained. "So are we rescuing dragons?" Autumn asked and her eyes lit up in excitement. "Not exactly..." Gunnar started saying. "Actually, that's exactly what we should do! We can rescue dragons and take them back here for rehabilitation" I said. "That sounds amazing" Kai said excitedly. "Yes! That's so cool!" Autumn cheered. I glanced at Gunnar who reluctantly nodded. "Well, we have work to do, let's make this island perfect!" I said and everyone cheered, apart from Gunnar, of course.