Trouble

I walked with Autumn and this new girl, Runa, as we followed Gunnar and FireFang towards the arena. We walked up the wooden floorboards and up a narrow path which led to both the dock and arena. We turned right. In front of us was the round dome made of grey, rusty metal with chains acting as a roof. The arena. There was a metal gate at the fair side of the arena, used to keep dragons until they were released. Armed hunters and guards stood around the outside of the arena awaiting their leader's commands. Gunnar pushed open the gate to the arena and we all went inside. "Okay then, how does it work?" Gunnar asked. Autumn looked up at Runa. "It's not quite that simple" Runa said. "Tell me what you need and we'll provide it!" Gunnar growled. "How about if we show you what we do on our trained dragons. Then we can take it from there" Runa suggested. Gunnar nodded then shouted "bring the two Razorwhips!" There were fast footsteps as the hunters ran off.

The hunters soon came back, dragging the two chained Razorwhips. "Unchain 'em then let 'em in!" Gunnar command. The hunters took off the muzzles, tail clamps and chains then opened the gate. The Razorwhips growled, but the hunters cracked a whip. Both Razorwhips rushed inside the arena. The dark grey male ran over to Autumn and the rainbow female went to Runa. Both dragons turned and growled at Gunnar. FireFang jumped in front of the two new dragons and growled. "Stay away from my human!" The rainbow dragon shouted. "Yeah, back off!" The dark grey Razorwhip snapped. "I could say the same! Leave my human alone! Yours work for him now anyway!" FireFang snarled. "They work for dragon trappers?" The dark dragon asked. "Never gonna happen!" The rainbow one added. "Well I'm the alpha dragon on this island so you better listen to me and my pack!" FireFang growled. I leapt into the air. I circled the arena, picking up speed, then flew between the three growling dragon and burst out a line of flames from my belly creating a wall of fire between them.

I waited for the flames to clear before landing between the dragons. "All of you stop it!" These two new humans are working with the dragon hunters for now. FireFang is the alpha on this island so you two stay out of his way... because he's a jerk. And all of you stay away from any humans, unless their yours. Now stop arguing like hatchlings! Behave like the mighty dragons you are and get it in your head who's in control around here!" I puffed some smoke from my nostrils. I looked over at the two Razorwhips who both lowered their heads in defeat and respect. Then I looked at FireFang who nodded. I let out a sigh then walked over to FireFang and we both headed over to Gunnar. The arena was filled with silence. "Reptile, take yourself and this pile of scales outside the arena!" Gunnar shouted at FireFang. FireFang lowered his head and whimpered an apology. Gunnar took a whip out of his pocket and pointed it at the arena gate before yelling "NOW!" FireFang turned and ran out of the gate.

Gunnar glared at me. "Go on, move it!" He snapped. I sat down and let out a low hiss. I heard chuckling and looked over to see both girls enjoying the show. I looked back at Gunnar who was a mixture of embarrassed and angry. "I said get out of my arena!" Gunnar told me. "And I won't take orders from a dirty, two legged, land rat!" I hissed back, although I knew he couldn't understand me. I heard both Razorwhips chuckle. Gunnar looked over at the two dragons and girls who all started laughing. Gunnar turned to me and muttered "That's it!" He lifted the whip and was about to hit me. Suddenly a black spine flew past me, knocked the whip out of his hands and pinned it to the ground. The two Razorwhips ran over to me and growled at Gunnar. "Whoa, okay, easy there!" Runa said as she approached her dragon with her hands out. Autumn clicked her tongue a couple of times and the grey Razorwhip trotted to her side. Runa lead her colourful dragon to the side, leaving me and Gunnar face to face. Gunnar grabbed the whip and pointed it at me. "Reptile..." Gunnar said in a low, harsh voice. I heard a growl from behind and rolled my chameleon-like eyes to the back of my head where I saw FireFang standing over me. "Oh, hello sir" I said with a nervous chuckle.

FireFang dragged me by my tail outside the arena and leapt into the air. I was dragged like this until we reached the end of island. FireFang let go of me and I fell backwards. "We'll have a chat in the cave when you're back!" FireFang growled at me as I fell downwards. I plunged into cold water. I flipped upright then flapped my wings until I was above the surface. I looked up and saw FireFang fly towards the other side of the island where the cave was. I let out a snort. Then again I had kind of deserved that. I leapt into the air and flew back towards the arena.

I landed by the outside of the arena and looked inside it. It had only been a few minutes since I left, but they seemed to have cleared up the awkwardness. "Yet again, I'm sorry about the way our dragons acted..." Runa said. "Let's just put it behind us. So, who do we have here?" Gunnar said. "This is my dragon, Firefly" Runa said as she pointed to her rainbow Razorwhip. "And this is my dragon, Eclipse" Autumn said as she patted the dark grey Razorwhip. "I'm afraid after all that chaos it's too late now. So I shall show you to your tents and we shall continue this in the morning" Gunnar said. "Okay" Runa replied. "Can we keep our dragons with us? They won't harm anyone" Autumn asked. Gunnar stared at her. After a second of silence he growled. "Well, after today I don't think that would be wise. Singetails roam this whole camp. It's better to just leave them in here" Gunnar said. "We'll see them tomorrow, don't worry" Runa said. "Alright" Autumn sighed. "Bye, Eclipse!" "Bye Firefly!" Both girls called as they left the arena. I watched them go, but I didn't follow them. I had other plans.