Prince

Imagine him with longer hair please!

.........................................

"the moon gave her blessing to her children"

I danced around the kitchen chopping up ginger roots and herbs. The large wooden bowl was carefully balanced against my body and my arm. I tried to focus on my task as the sounds of the soldiers training filled my ears.

"they ran to the sun to have more fun"

with a heavy stone, I mash certain herbs until they turned into a paste and place them in a jar

"the moon was lonely she wanted to love"

I countinued with my tasks, with some wild berries, I picked yesterday I juiced them using a thin piece of cloth careful not to have them stain my clothes.

"the children would rather hurt each other in the sun"

"the moon took back her gift"

"leaving the children in the summer heat"

"only to return the power to the one will to make the earth shift"

as I work I often find myself humming the songs my mother sang to me when I was young. It filled my head with images of her cutting the same roots as I. she would always wake up as early as the sun rose to get the freshest herbs before the animals would nibble on them. I would follow her and listen to her name every flower she saw and their medical properties.

on the warmest spring days when the dew rests on the grass, I think of her.

The way how she would sway and dance while working even though no music was playing, the way she would hold me at night until I drifted to bed.

"look at you, hard at work" a smile founds its way to my face as I heard Kent's annoying voice behind me.

I could have felt his presence from a mile away. he reeked of sweat from training with the soldiers. The sweat that was drips from his body began to move towards my finger without me realizing it. I turned around concentrating on creating space and controlling my gift.

"Kent don't you have work to do " i said hoping he couldnt feel his sweat moving towards me

"yes but it's urgent" his voice suddenly became very serious

I looked around at all the medication and half made treatments that I had to finsih by the end of the day.I let out a sigh knowing exactly what he wants, and turning looking at his desperate eyes didnt make me feel any better.

"No"

" I will not make you another wildberry lemonade"

I turned right back around and got back to work without spearing him another glance

"that's not it"

I began to grab jars and place them on the shelves with their correct labels. I could feel his eyes following my every movement. I avoided eye contact because Kenny knows I have a hard time saying no to his stupid puppy eyes.

"no, I will not make you a pie"

"luna it-"

"If it is food-related the answer is no. I am very busy today Kenny i-"

"Why isn't the nurse out on the sparing ground the prince will not wait any longer!"

the general's voice boomed through the room almost causing me to drop some willow bark on the floor"