1.42 Brotherhood (1)

As soon as Zhen BuFeng and the Princes arrived at Li YangHuan's estate, another half day had passed. It was almost late evening, the sky was displaying the last moments of the sun's brilliance for that day. He was quickly briefed about the situation by the two Ji guards and JingMo who had somewhat recovered.

The Crown Prince promptly directed some of the Imperial Guards to guard the vicinity of Liu YangHuan's estate.   

JingMo intended to borrow a horse to personally guide BuFeng where to go, but BuFeng swiftly rejected his proposal. From what he was told, JingMo himself did not know the exact location where General Ji ChanFang had been lured into. In normal circumstances, he would not have refused the other's goodwill. BuFeng could tell that JingMo also excelled in martial arts, at least in his agility - having traveled such far distance in less than a half normal time. But he was clearly fatigued at the moment, which would just be a burden. 

As for the location of that barren land, Zhen BuFeng of course knew of it. Being a vice-commander, he knew and remembered all topography of the Empire's territories by heart already.

"Don't you even think of coming along!", Zhen BuFeng widened his eyes at the second Prince JunLi, who was already preparing to mount his own horse, wanting to follow BuFeng. 

"An additional help is better, right?", Prince JunLi stubbornly insisted. His martial arts might not be as good as Zhen BuFeng's or Ji SongLi's, but he had his fair share having engaged in real battles before during his compulsory years in military.

Zhen BuFeng shook his head, "Your speed will just hold me back." 

He could not word it any nicer, while wryly throwing a glance at the two Ji clan's guards who were already waiting for him on their own horses.

"JunLi," The Crown Prince put his hand on his younger brother's shoulder, "BuFeng is right. All the three of us combined, cannot assist him for this occasion."

Prince JunLi gritted his teeth.

"Make haste, BuFeng!" Prince KongJing pursed his lips and nodded towards Zhen BuFeng, 

"Leave the matters here to me and my younger brothers. I have sent a messenger to ask for aids from my estate and also send some news to the Zhen household. Your most pressing aim now is to reach SongLi and General Ji."

BuFeng nodded and swiftly jumped onto his steed. Even the Ji guards would likely fall behind him later. How could he afford to also wait for the second Prince, which would ultimately only divide his attention in two. He could not have the mindset of reaching Ji SongLi and Ji ChanFang as soon as possible, if he still had to keep his own pace to the Prince's.

The Crown Prince understood and shared his reasoning.

The First Madam Wu JianRui was resting, her ailing health played up again due to her unease. Second Madam Hai FenChu and Meng-momo were  also restless and had been running around preparing her herbal medicine with the kitchen servants' aid. Fortunately, HeShan and SunChen were also in the estate and could manage the household temporarily.

The two old scholars and Minister Chao's son and daughter were also standing by the front gate. Princess Zhang XiuYa was now standing behind the Crown Prince, her own expression also wary.

"Vice-commander Zhen...," a soft calm voice called Zhen BuFeng.

BuFeng looked at YuLan who was now walking towards him. Ji LanBai was still inside the estate, accompanying her mother. The Third Prince GuoFu had stayed inside the estate as soon as they arrived and took note of the situation, him now also assuming a temporary role to manage the servants in Liu YangHuan's estate. Together with HeShan and SunChen, the three of them became temporary masters in Liu YangHuan's estate.