1.76 Wedding (1)

The rest of the year went without further incident, and Yong tea-house was in business as usual.

On the same day as last year's during winter, YuLan celebrated Ji LanBai's birthday again by baking some berry cakes for her customers and her companions.

As for JingHan - thankfully, now that he had found his long lost cousin, he no longer need to travel around Zhang Empire's territory.

Which meant, JingHan was no longer a lost soul.

He traveled often back and forth between the Northern Plains and Yong tea-house, always using the gorge as his usual path. Until one day, YuLan urged him to pass through Hun'ang town to properly get in and out of both territories.

A King stealthily sneaking into a foreign country's territory; it was one thing when he needed to find her incognito, but now the matter was done, he should not be hiding himself. Besides, from his story, he had met Emperor Zhang and was also acquainted with him by his youngest aunt's marriage. That was the more reason, the King of the Northern Plains must walk with pride in the open, as no citizen or nobility of Zhang Empire would be discourteous towards him.

JingHan surprisingly followed her suggestion without fuss.

The town lord - old Qian of Hun'ang - properly received him every time he came for a visit. Old Qian did not want to know the King's business in detail, but he knew that Zhang Empire and the Northern Plains were in harmonious relationship. Apart from that, every time King JingHan visited, he always brought several aides with him. Sometimes they were the same people, sometimes he brought different people -

- All men, all somewhat good-looking; every single one of them looked as menacing as their King. They were all clearly warriors of the Jing tribe.

Old Qian still wanted to live a long life, so he tactfully did not intervene and just let the King did whatever he pleased, as long as his Hun'ang was peaceful. Besides, there were a lot of merchants from the Northern Plains, all of whom were now under Jing's governance, that he had to be in the King's good books.

King JingHan though, was too simple to worry about such complicated things. The men he brought with him to visit Yong tea-house, passing through Hun'ang with him, were of the same age as him or slightly younger.

They were all in the same age group as HeShan and SunChen. Suddenly brotherly relationship blossomed between the two scholars from the Zhang Empire and the warriors of the Northern Plains that had been frequenting their house.

Initially JingHan's brother-in-arms, some of whom JingMo already knew since the very first day he lost his parents, came along to greet their long lost Princess.

As well as to meet their little brother - JingMo - 's future wife.

Then as they were gradually interested in Zhang Empire's culture - courtesy of HeShan and SunChen through their wealth of knowledge - they began to treat everyone in the house as their own family.

HeShan and SunChen were delighted. Who would have guessed that the warriors - despite their scary appearances - had wonderful voices. If JingHan did not have such terrible pronunciation, he could also be counted as someone blessed with first-class vocal chords. Whenever the warriors visited their house, the atmosphere was joyful and full of laughter and songs.

In their hearts, they could finally understand why YuLan had a heavenly sounding voice. It must be in Jing's blood.

JingHan and the warriors tried to coax YuLan to sing a few times, but she always refused politely. Nevertheless, she did compose a few songs for everyone, and that seemed to satisfy them. Her major hit for all her new 'brothers' was a song she stole from her past life.