!!NOT A CHAPTER!! (2)

runexi's notes:

Initially I would like to just let the characters' identities be revealed in time. Still intend to do that, but I will confirm the ones that we have known so far as canon:

Immortals:

✾ Lightning Deity ➨[several incarnations] ➨ Lee Tanaka ➨ Ji SongLi .

His domain is the sky. His power manifestation is the dragon. The lightning deity is the oldest immortal of all of the others introduced here. His power was weakened and scattered after he imparted part of his soul to sustain the white tree's spirit.

The accidental interference of the Moon Deity and The Seer - when Ji SongLi was unconscious  - repaired his dormant immortal soul. (when Zhang KongJing transferred his qi, which also contained The Seer's qi)

✾ Moon Deity   ➨ first incarnation as the Crown Prince Zhang KongJing.

His domain is the night. The Moon Deity is an observer. Although an immortal, he is still young (compared to the Lightning God and The Seer). 

His first mortal incarnation is the Crown Prince. During this mortal lifetime, his tribulation is to sustain and flourish a dynasty (Zhang Empire). His mortal destiny is to be a king ( it is not easy to be a king ).

The Seer's interference might jeopardize his tribulation and mortal destiny though.

But as The Seer said - he wouldn't be able to bind his soul to KongJing's body if KongJing himself did not have an inkling of affection towards YuLan.

✾The seer ➨ no incarnation, but his soul is trying to take over Zhang KongJing's body.

His domain is the water where he observes the passing and cycle of souls' reincarnation

He did not know that Zhang KongJing is the mortal incarnation of the moon deity (once in a mortal body, immortal/mortal attribute cannot be seen by his eyes). Hence he was baffled why he could not take over the mortal body as easy as he used to. He also took over the mortal body of Hank Wilson (in book 0), and several others from previous lifetimes (not mentioned in this story) to chase after his little flower.

Once he takes over a mortal body, the mortal soul originally residing inside would be sent to his/her next cycle of reincarnation. Painless death, but death nevertheless.

He has been obsessed with the white tree/flower spirit ever since she took roots on the grounds by his domain. Especially when she blooms (though not for him).

Despite being an ancient soul as well, he has yet to undergo any mortal tribulation, as The Seer is the only deity that has been watching and guarding the soul water. No other deities are qualified enough, either in their cultivation or their soul power.

Unfortunately, eternity of solitude probably caused a few screws loose in his soul. He does not know how to love or cherish.

Just like a little child, if he could not possess and own, he would destroy.

Mortals:

✾[.....................]➨ Zhen BuFeng

His past incarnation ([

His past incarnation ([....]) was tied to Ji SongLi's past soul's incarnation by mortal blood (surely dear readers can guess his identity by now? Book 0 alert).

His past remorse of not being able to watch over his brother had carried his soul to the next life.

But is Zhen BuFeng really drawn to YuLan because he likes her as a woman? Or he merely wants to protect her... on behalf of someone else? (does his soul know this?)

✾  There are a few other mortals who follow, but as I have not really mentioned any link of their current lives to the past so far (some of you might have guessed though), I will refrain from mentioning them for now.

Others

Flower spirit ➨ [several incarnations] ➨ Mia Simmons ➨ Xiao Hua/ Bai YuLan

(the juvenile flower spirit - Mia/Xiao Hua/YuLan's original soul. Always looking at the sky)

Her soul is neither immortal/mortal. She is the white tree/flower spirit that grew in the immortal planes (by The Seer's endless water).

Some day, I may write a short chapter why - as a tree - her spirit was always drawn to the Lightning God and that she would constantly bloom for him.

If she was to fully mature, she would be a new immortal. But when she tried to calm the Lighting Deity's wrath after his incarnation as a war-bringer, she was accidentally hit by one of his lightnings. This caused her juvenile not-fully-formed-yet spirit to almost die. Her soul would totally vanish if the Lightning Deity did not impart part of his soul into her spirit (although it caused his soul to be scattered as well).

Her soul then has to be tampered through various incarnations in the mortal realms across different worlds, until however long it is necessary for her soul to be whole again.

The Lightning Deity follows her through every incarnations. Normally she would forget about every one of her past life to the next. The reason why she remembers her past life as Mia Simmons is because the bond between her and Lightning Deity in their every incarnations give strength to her soul (as it contains part of the Lightning Deity's soul as well).

The reason why she does not  remember Lee Tanaka, despite having bloomed for him as well (although Mia Simmons would probably never admit that vocally), is because The Seer tampered with her soul's memories. But The Seer's power was only enough to erase her memories of him and all extension of his existence, not her whole past life. 

----

Dear readers, hopefully some of your guesses are correct. Hopefully some of your confusion is now lightened up.

Thank you for reading!