1.75 The King

By this time, YuLan was already confident that she was the sole purpose behind the strange man's sudden appearance.

Although she was still wary, the soldiers had not taken any actual aggressive action against the man either, apart from holding their swords up to warn him against getting closer.

She also could not shift her eyes away from his lion tattoo, her brows furrowing in curiosity. It reminded her of the eagle tattoo that JingMo had, and her own flower marking on her nape.

All of the drawings would only appear in heat.

"If he is looking for me, can he be a relative?" - she faintly thought.

Nevertheless, she was silent as she considered her next course of action, then she looked to her side, at Xiao Hui. The only person who knew of her flower marking would be Xiao Hui, as the young woman had also seen it a few times before.

Then the only possible reason this stranger suddenly appear in front of them, plus the cry of an eagle that YuLan had undoubtedly heard before, and JingMo's eagle tattoo... .

Connecting the dots together, she could only deduce that somehow, this man and JingMo knew each other.

And JingMo had definitely found out about her flower marking.

The only person who could have told JingMo would be Xiao Hui.

She calmly looked at Xiao Hui, causing the young woman to shrink her neck, not quite understanding her gaze that seemed colder than usual.

Then YuLan let out a resigned sigh before she called out,

"JingMo! I know you are there somewhere. You should come here and properly explain!"

There was a sound of leaves ruffled, then JingMo's figure slowly appeared from behind some wild shrubs. He was scratching the back of his neck, his lips were curled in embarrassed chagrin.

Then as he reached the bare-chested man, he bowed deeply at the man, his right arm across his chest. HeShan and SunChen noted that the arm gesture was the normal way of greeting in the Northern Plains amongst warriors. After all, JingMo had demonstrated it before once to them when asked.

But JingMo's bow was much too low - more like one would do to a superior.

The stranger nodded at him, only then JingMo straightened his body, before looking at his companions who were still in full alert,

"This... is JingHan. He is no one you should be afraid of."

Then the flurry of questions from his companions,

"What do you mean?"

"Who is he? Do you know this man? What is his relationship to you?"

"I need to report to the General about this."

"He asked our Mistre-..., I mean, Miss YuLan to strip! Is he really not dangerous?"

"JingMo, what is happening?"

The myriad of questions burst like a dam, and JingMo suddenly did not know how to begin to explain.

Then YuLan slowly walked forward from behind SunChen, her profile now in full view.

JingMo glanced at JingHan, and on his expressionless face, he could see that the warrior king was slightly flustered at her sight, but still doubtful as he clenched his fists tightly.

"JingMo," YuLan calmly said, "Can I trust you?"

JingMo was taken a back. The young woman seemed to have figured out a few things, though he was not sure how far.