Chapter 12

Chapter 12: Mason Erwan Ashmore

Impatiently, I tap my foot on the cold tiled ground. Kitty has been inside her room for almost an hour, preparing for our date. Although she doesn't know that it's a date. I just told her that she should wear a fancy dress.

"Kitty! Really?" I shout through the closed door of her apartment.

"Just wait, you Mr. Grumpy!" She shouts back, probably with a roll of her eyes. I know Kitty since we were born. So I know all her secrets, her hand signals, her gestures. Everything. Even when she speaks, I know what she's feeling. And now, she's feeling tired and hungry.

She opens the door widely open, revealing herself as a goddess. She's wearing a violet strapless dress, stops at mid-thigh. The dress complimenting her beautiful purple eyes. Her brown hair is on a loose, hanging freely. She's wearing a 3 inch purple starry-designed high heels, making her taller. A light make up is on her face. I gulp, getting nervous all of a sudden. She looks hot and sexy. Hell, she is very hot and very sexy. My hands getting clammy, I stuff them in my pocket, preventing them from touching Kitty's skin. Or this will fail. Or she'll notice that I'm very nervous. Probably, she'd ask me 'Why are you getting nervous?' and I'd just shrug and she'd push me to hell.

"Am I looking good?" She asks whilst giving a twirl, her hair moving with her perfectly. Like she's a hair model or something.

"No words could describe you, Kitty." I beam, taking my hands out of my packet. I secretly rubbed my clammy hands on the fabric. She blushes and tucks a strand of her hair underneath her ear. I offer her my arm and she puts her arm in it, leaning to the side to rest her head on my shoulder. This feels good and great and beyond right.

"Thank you," she says, almost a whisper. I give her a peck on the cheeks and she blushes even more. Putting a tint of pink on her rosy cheeks. Very beautiful she is.

We take off of her apartment's building. When we get out of it, a white car halts in front of us. This car is from Joe. I borrowed it to him and he agreed. I told him about my true feelings for Kitty. Joe is a friend of mine. Same age as me. Has a thick Australian accent and has a dirty blonde hair. His height is 5"7, shorten than me. I always tease him about his height and he'd argue with me, saying that the shorter, the better. Although I don't know what that means, I'd just nod, pretending to understand the statement.

I lead Kitty to the car, opening the car door for her to enter. She gives me a curtsy and takes a seat, me after her.

"So... where are we going, Mayonaisse?" She asks sweetly. She gave me a nickname 'Mayonaisse' because it's my favorite. Very odd. She always uses the nickname she gave to me just to tease me. I always love it. She can call me whatever she wants, I'd still love it.

I laugh, "Secret, Kitty. It's a secret."

"Is this the part where you're leading me to a secret base and you'd tell me you're a secret agent that works for the government and secretly fights crime like Batman?" She asks me teasingly, her voice is full of playfulness. Like Batman, huh. She knows me too much. Since I was a kid, I have this huge obsession over comics like Batman, Spiderman, XMen, Justice League. Every comics.

There was this one time she'd bought me Days Of Future Present comic signed by Stan Lee himself. She told me she bought it in a comic store and Stan Lee happened to be there. I narrowed my eyes at her.

"You're lying, aren't you?" I said to her, giving her a stare that says 'you better explain this'. "Tell me, where did you really get this signed comic?"

"I'm not lying!" She protested, fumbling with her fingers. She was nervous as hell. Giving her hard stares, she finally met my gaze. A worried expression was plastered across her face. "I... I... I waited."

"Waited?"

"Yes. I waited for nine hours, just to be first on the line. Then I bought this and Stan Lee signed it. Because I was the first on the line, I was the first to get out." She said, her voice was modulated. I reached for her hand and pushed her towards me, her body against me. I mumbled a thank you one hundred times, repeating it again and again and again.

I laugh out loud. Kitty looks at me, arching an eyebrow as if she wants some answer. I shake my head and say, "Maybe..."

"Maybe..." She says in a singsong voice. Resisting the urge to kiss her on her lips, I turn my head to watch the scenery through the window. It takes me a gazillion to maintain my normal breathing. Kitty beside me isn't helping. Her short arm is brushing against mine. Through the thick fabric I'm wearing, I can feel her heat.

It's hard to fight it, knowing she's just beside you and there's nothing you can do about it. It's taking a lot of fighting just to calm yourself, just to calm your hormones. More specifically, my hormones. I'm doing my best, but it seems it's not enough. Because next thing I know, I'm kissing her neck and she moans. Good thing the stop light is still in red. Or else...

Filipinos are known as one of the happiest people in the world. Some international arcticle says that Filipinos have this strength that no one could take. They are unselfish and very gentle. Always happy. They are caring and always standing up. They have this hospitality that no one could beat. One of the articles I've read about this place said: Filipinos are the most resilient creature in the whole wide world. They have this strong bond, always united as one. They're loving people.

So I have a chance not to get caught by a traffic enforcer. And there's a big chance that if I got caught, the traffic enforcer would let me go. Talk about taking a chance. Ha, I'm good at that. As I park the car in the driveway, I take a glance at Kitty, who is smiling genuinely, her eyes twinkling with happiness. I take off my seat and head to her door to open it. I, Mason Erwan Ashmore, am being a gentleman. Just for Kitty. Who would have thought? I open the door for Kitty and she gives me a smile that reaches her ears, making her even look more beautiful than ever.

I lead Kitty to the restaurant. The sky is dark, with shades of dark blue and violet, stars are everywhere, twinkling. These stars that I can't reach, and one of them is Kitty. Tonight, I'm going to reach for her. After all, she's near yet so far. I'm the moon and she's the stars. I gaze upon the stars, inhaling the cold air that is hovering around us, in the air. I feel a warm hand engulfs mine and I look at the person who is holding my hand. Kitty Paris Ashmore. The woman I love the most. This time, no pretending. No avoiding. I will engulf this feeling with all my heart, with all my soul. This time, I'm going to reach for her until I succeed. She's a star that twinkles everytime brightly. A star that nobody could reach. I take a glance at the sky, who is resting calmly. Clouds swirling above us. Beneath the stars. The crescent moon is glowing brightly at us.

"Let's go," I say softly at her. Giving her a toothy grin. She giggles and I roll my eyes at her playfully. We head inside. A man is standing beside the two wooden doors, the entrance to this fancy restaurant. Manage by my friend, Mr. Gonzaga. The man gives us a curtsy and leads us inside. When we enter, there are candles lit up, standing on every table. Lights are dimmed, giving the room a romantic aura. The man, whose name is Leo, directs us outside, in the balcony. A table with two seats is placed on the centre, yellow dim lights are on trees. A soft dark red fabric covering the table. Three candles are lit. Two plates are set.

Kitty looks nervous and is fidgeting with her fingers. That's her way of taking off the nervousness she's feeling. Although she can sense that it doesn't help, she keeps doing it. Now we're alone, I can tell her my feelings.

Then she says, "What are we doing, Mason?" I look at her with confusing eyes. What is she talking about? I think.

"What do you mean by 'what are we doing?'" I ask her as I continue to study her. She frowns and lets out a sigh of frustration. Then she looks away, not meeting my gaze. For a moment, I feel lonely. I feel vurnerable. I can feel a problem that is hovering between us, in her mind, in mine.

"This," she gestures around us. "It's time to put the act down, okay?" I frown at her. She believes this is all an act? God, what is wrong with her? I roll my eyes at her. "I get it, Mason. You're doing this because of your hell of a father." I can't believe this. I huff.

"No, you don't get it, Kitty." I snap, frowning at her. "You don't understand everything."

"What? What is that supposed to mean?"

"It means you don't know everything that has been going on!"

"Hey!" She protests, shouting at me. I stand up and stalk off away from her. But I feel her presence following me. When I get outside, I inhale. Easing my mind. I can't believe this, she thinks that all of this is pretending. That all of this is fake. Anger is boiling inside me, making my inside burn. My heart aches. My head aches. Every part of me aches. "What the hell, Mason?!"

Not thinking, I grab the back of her neck and kiss her, my mouth covering hers. Placing my hand at the small of her back, pushing her agaisnt me, closing the gap between us. She snakes both her arms around my neck. The butterflies in my stomach go crazy and wild as I continue to kiss Kitty. Vertiginously, I deepen the kiss. My knees are getting weaker and weaker, feeling the cool yet hot sensation of her lips on mine. I'm feeling woozy. I pull away, resting my forehead against her. We're both panting from the intense kiss we just had.

"You don't understand this, Kitty." I say, merely a whisper. "You don't understand this. That I'm in love with my best friend. That I tried to keep it. Knowing it might ruin our relationship. But I don't care right now, Kitty. All I want is you. Only you."

"W-w-w.. what are you t-talking ab-bout, Mason?" She stutters, twiddling her fingers. "I don't get it, Mason. Explain it to me."

"What I'm saying is, Kitty, I'm in love with you. I'm in love with my best friend. That I'm in love with Kitty Paris Ashmore." I tell her. Her eyes widen and her jaw hangs open widely. "Although I don't know if my best friends loves me back..."

"I love you, Mason Erwan Ashmore." She blurts out. Taking a glance at her, her eyes are teary, on the verge of crying. Her eyes twinkling with happiness. But I, probably, just became the happiest man in the world. She just told me she loves me. She loves me. She loves me. She loves me. I laugh playfully, from happiness that I'm feeling. She just admitted that she loves me back. Oh God. I push her against me and ravish her lips with mine again. Putting all my feelings in it, deepening the kiss. A kiss that has passion and full of love. A kiss that we're sharing right now is nothing to compare about the few kisses we've shared after we got married. This kiss is full of happiness, desire, lust, love, longing, everything. This is the realization of truth. It feels so surreal yet this is very real.

"What?" I ask, still not believing what I just heard. Making sure it's real, I add. "Say it again, Kitty." Getting nervous, knees wobbling, lips trembling, blinking, I think I'm going to faint in any second.

"I love you, Mason. I love you!" She shouts, hugging me with all her might. I hug her back, nuzzling my face on the crook of her neck. "But since when?" She asks as she leans backward, looking at me in straight in the eye.

"Since we were 10, KitKat." I say softly, lips still quivering. Her eyes widen and she hugs me again, gripping my torso tightly, as if in any moment, I'd be gone. "I guess it's a good thing that I didn't success at taking my feelings away from you. You, since when?"

"Since we were 9 years old. You were.. um, are my first love," she says as the blush spreads across her puffy and rosy cheeks. A smile is tugging on the edge of her lips. I smirk. Then she smiles fully, a pure and genuine smile. Then an image hits my brain: Mrs. Wade. The biological mother of Kitty. Their smiles are identical. Their expressions. Almost the same face. Good genes. She's supposed to be Kitty Wade. Kitty Wade Ashmore. Kitty looks at me, then frowns. "What's wrong?"

Ignoring the question, I say. "You're good at hiding feelings, Kitty."

"So are you." She protests. "But, I really thought this was all an act. I mean, I've been sensing something. I felt eyes on me, watching us. So I played a long. Though I woudn't call it acting since I was enjoying it. Am enjoying this." Eyes on us. Watching us. Probably Mrs. Wade or her little goody minions.

"Pfft." I dismiss.

She huffs as she rolls her eyes. Tomorrow, everything will be different. Tomorrow, everything will change. I don't want to see Kitty getting broken into pieces. But if that time comes, I'd be with her, holding her, securing her in my arms.

"Let's go back, Kitty. The foods are waiting to be eaten." I say.

"Sure, Mayonaisse." She grins.

We head back to our table. Our butler for tonight, Leo, greets us again and motions for the foods. Three waiters serve the food and my mouth waters. So does Kitty's. I laugh and she giggles, noticing our appetite. We haven't eaten yet since lunch. Usually, we'd hog all the food from her fridge or my fridge. We'd eat every second while watching TV, or a movie, or just watching each other eat while we're eating. We would laugh and tell some stories. Crazy stories.

On the table, foods are set in front of us. Filipino foods. Tokwa't baboy (beancurd and pork). Sinigang (A stew with porks and water spinach). Kare-kare (A stew with stewed oxtail, with calves feet, pork hocks, vegetables like chopped eggplant, cabbage, asparagus beans and daikon.) And a plate of rice in front of us.

"Have you tasted Filipino foods?" I ask her.

"Not yet. But I think these foods are delicious and yummy!"

"It is." I agree. "Let's hog these foods down."

Serving rice on her plate, she beams at me. I serve a rice on mine, too. Trying to be a Filipino, I grab the serving spoon and pour the Kare-kare sauce on my rice. Grabbing a little anchovies spiced with chilli, I put it on top of the rice, too, then I scoop it with my spoon and eat it. I sigh in pleasure as I taste the food. My tongue tastes the stew that is flavored with peanut butter, garlic and onion. The chilli anchovies makes it even tastier. I chew it with feelings (as most Filipino say. It's an expression). They always say 'I hate you with feelings', 'Hit him or her with feelings', or even, 'Fuck you with feelings'. It's really funny. Kitty does the same, copying me and she laughs whilst shaking her head. I watch her as she moans. Oh God that moan.

Will you please calm your hormones, Mason?

We eat in silence, moans filling the air, hearing it with our ears. Gulp after gulp. After 20 minutes, I burp then mumble 'excuse me'. Kitty giggles and drinks a glass of water, gulping it down. There's a bead of water on the edge of her lips, and I want to wipe it with my lips. I stand up, walk towards her as she sets down the glass, lean down, and capture her lips with mine. I pull away.

"Sorry, there was a bead of water on the edge of your mouth. So I had to wipe it off with my lips." I smirk. She blushes and hits my arm playfully.

She scrunches her nose up. "On the edge of my mouth. Uh-huh. You kissed me on my lips. Not the edge of my lips."

"Then let's try again."

"Shut up," she says, laughing. She's about to wipe the bead of water on the edge of her lips when I catch her wrist, putting it down. I place my lips on the edge of hers and then put a trail of kisses across her jawline. She giggles. "I love you."

That's it. My breath hitches, my heart pumping faster than ever. My chest is aching, from what I guess is happiness that makes my heart even pump faster and faster. My heart is burning, making me hot all of a sudden. I try to calm my breathing, to calm myself. But it doesn't work. I grab Kitty's hand and put it on my chest, where my heart lies. I put my forehead on her shoulder and stay there. We both stand up and hug each other. Her fingers trailing my back up and down, sending shiver through my body. I feel light and very happy. I sigh in contentment and nuzzle her hair. Her hair smells like a coconut, the aroma hitting my nose. I kiss her on the lips again and she kisses me back, curling my arms around her waist, pushing her against me. I feel her smile while we're kissing, and I smile too.

We both pull away, catching some oxygen to inhale.

I breathe, "May we have this dance?"