Chapter 7

Wali's Pov:

"DAMMIT WALI...WHAT DID YOU DO?! ARE YOU HAPPY? ARE YOU F*****G HAPPY?!"

Gripping my hairs, I closed my ears with my palms, trying to shut off her cries.

It was ironic how I cannot stand her tears and I am the one causing it the most.

I was so furious with myself. I regretted letting my anger rule my mind. It was always like that, nanna had always warned me that one day I will regret letting my anger consume me and I realized that now.

What had I done? How could I yell at her like that? I have never even talked to her with a raised voice.

I am so stupid!

I shouldn't have come back, I deserve that lonely life I had back in America. She thinks I was attracted by the foreign luxury, that's why I had left her. She didn't know the real reason why did I left and I'll make sure she never gets to know about it. Its better she thinks that I left because of the luxurious life than the real reason.

My plan was simple, I would have ignored her the whole wedding, spend two to three weeks here and then leave from where I came from so that everyone would be safe from my cursed fate especially Ale. How did I, for even a second have thought that I could ignore Ale or avoid her, or act distinctly with her so that she wouldn't ask me the reason why I left? That she wouldn't get attached to me again because I knew that I will only end up hurting her.

It seemed simple at that time but coming back, seeing her again, I realized how wrong my plan was!

And then the company problems here. How can I leave when our company here is treading on thin ice?

Today I didn't know what happened.

That boy, whenever I looked at him I found him staring at Ale, the whole event. Knowing very well why. She was looking stunning. She always looked beautiful, even in her teenage I had a hard time chasing away the boys. But today, something was different about her. She had a new look. It was the first time I saw her in full makeup, her features stood out, making her look more beautiful. And then that genuinely sweet smile of hers while talking to Zoha, it was the most beautiful thing. Also, the red colour of her lehenga, it suited her the most.

And then at the end of the event, seeing her in that boy's arms, something in me snapped and all my plans flew out of the window. I just wanted to rip that boys arm off her. My mind shut off and my heart reacted.

Wait...Wali...heart? What did your heart have to do in this?!

You snapped because Aleyha is your cousin and you were worried about your family's honour, right? You said the same thing to her. And you were worried that she did not end up hurt.

Yeah, you just needed a reason to vent out your jealousy?

"I was not fucking jealous!" I yelled at myself, throwing a punch at the nearby wall.

What does jealousy have to do with it anyway? Ale is only my cousin and was my best friend, we had always shared a special bond. I would have done the same thing if any other of my cousin would have been in her place, I told myself.

Yes, I do care about her. And because of that, I did not want that boy to give her false hope about 'love' and make promises with her that he could not fulfil, which would end up hurting her.

I did not want that, I cannot see her hurt at any cost. That's it!

And 'love'! That word did not exist. It was just a fantasy that one could only dream about. I scoffed.