Chapter 21

Hey, people!
Here you go with a long long chapter!
It will give you some insights of Ale's personality and her bonding with her father.
So enjoy reading, people!
Don't forget to vote, comment and share❤️
________________________
A knock on the door diverted my attention. I peeked from behind the notebook in which I was trying to frame and write an answer to a very stupid question. Looking at the person on the door, a smiled graced upon my face, as he stood there with one of his hand in his pocket and the other on the doorknob.

As far as I remember I had closed my door so how...?

Maybe, I was so engrossed in scribbling an answer that the knocks and the opening of the door went unheard by me. I sighed, glaring at the question in front of me.

Akhir kahan se latey hain aise sawal?!

Frowning at my lost self, I shook my head and lowered the notebook, placing it on my lap. As soon as I lifted my head and straightened my back, pain shot through my body.

Ah! My neck!

Involuntarily, my hand went towards the back of my neck as my fingers pressed the contracted veins to relieve the pain.

My other hand quickly shot out to gather my scattered books from all over the bed, making space for papa to sit, as much space as I could make.

"Papa, why are you standing there? Come and sit here." Patting at the little space I could make, I called him. He was still standing at the door, now with his arms crossed and a warm smile spread on his face.

This smile...Allah...it lightens his face! I could do anything to always keep this smile on.

Looking at me from top to bottom, he shook his head. I bit my lip. I know I was a mess right now. My hairs were tied up in a messy bun supported by my pencil. I had my comfiest white shirt on which had a panda on it. My Indian style folded legs were covered with my most favorite linen shalwar which was black in color and a red dupatta, which had been lying near to me, amongst my books, was on my shoulders now.
So basically, I was in three different clothing pieces. But let me tell you, medical makes you like that, it's not my fault. I shrugged at my father as I saw him advancing towards me letting out a chuckle.

"Are you busy?" he asked, his eyes wandering around my room and stopped at the laptop kept beside me. I followed his gaze and resisted the urge to slap my forehead. Annu and Sona were still on the video call. I totally forgot about them.

"I'll call you guys later. Only the last question is left. We'll later do it together. Okay? Bye!" I hurriedly disconnected the call, not even listening to their replies and removed my air pods.

"I am never busy for you, papa." I smiled at him as he sat in front of me. Closing the gap between us, he grabbed my hands. I gazed at him, the smile on his face was gone and he, now, was looking at me with concerned eyes.

"What is it, papa?" I couldn't help but ask. I can never see him like this. Looking at his face, I just wanted to remove every thought in his mind which worried him.

"Princess, I know I have been really very busy these past days in my work. I was so worried about our company crises that I couldn't spare time for you..."

My father was always like this...straight to the point. Just like Wa-
I stopped my thoughts from going any further and focused on my father.

"No, papa-" I tried to interrupt him, to correct him but he beat me to it, shaking his head.

"Let me finish, okay?" he tightened his hold on my hands. I nodded, giving his hands a squeeze.