Chapter 10

Aleyha's Pov

Finally, the valima ceremony ended and with it, the wedding too was finished. After reaching nanna's house, I went straight to my room, changing into my jhabla and black leggings, I started packing my stuff. 

(this is jhabla, imagine it with full sleeves and black leggings under it

(this is jhabla, imagine it with full sleeves and black leggings under it.)

Mama told me that we would be going back home tomorrow. I was in the middle of packing when I heard a knock on the door, wearing my dupatta I told the person to come in.

"What are you doing here?" I asked Wali, who now was in the room.

"Where are you going?" he questioned back, looking at the mess the room was in.

"I have a home you know and you did not answer my question." Crossing my arms, I looked at him expectantly.

"I just thought you would like to have some ice cream but, I see you are busy and you do not want to be disturbed so I'll leave," he turned around reaching for the door.

"ICE CREAM!!! I am coming," I squealed, grabbing my shawl from the bed, I ran towards Wali.

"Ready!" I told him, giving him my megawatt smile.

"Of course, you would be," he murmured "-and what about the..." he trailed off, pointing towards the incomplete packing.

"Uh...that... I'll do it afterwards," I assured him, waving my hand dismissively.

Ice-cream was more important than this packing.

"Yeah, I know your 'afterwards'. Leave it. I'll send Gul Naaz aunty to do the rest of the packing," he said, giving me I-know-your-lazy-self-well-enough look. Shrugging, I walked forward telling him to be quick.

"By the way, where will we find an open ice cream parlour at this hour?" I asked him, putting my seatbelt on.

"There is an ice cream parlour around the corner which is open till late night," he answered, settling himself on the driver seat and putting his seatbelt on.

Once we reached there, I ordered chocolate ice cream and Wali ordered a banana shake. He still had the same choice. It seemed like the time had flown away. I updated him on all the five years he missed here, but all the good things, I didn't make any complaints to him.

Nanna told me to try, Zoha told me to give him some time, so I'll do that. I too promised him that I'll forgive and forget and that he'll get his best friend back so I didn't want to ruin this moment by blaming and complaining him about the past when he himself was trying to make everything better. I was tired of being depressed.

He too told me all about his life in foreign, which was honestly speaking lonely and boring. I didn't know what really attracted him about the foreign world. When the shopkeeper came to us asking us to leave the shop because it was time to close that was when we realized that we were sitting there for hours. It was like I was living my past, it was all the same. Wali and I always were like this, whenever we were together, the time flies away. I sighed, reminiscing about all the good memories of us together.

_______________________________________________

 "Aleyha, come on beta we are leaving," Ammi called me out from downstairs. 

"Yes, ammi, coming," I heaved out, dragging my suitcase behind me.

The wheel found a good day to break, I huffed.

"With that speed, you wouldn't be able to carry the suitcase down. Did you realized that?"

I didn't bother to look back, I knew that voice too well. I calmed myself, controlling myself not to pounce on him. Here, I was struggling with this damn suitcase and there he was standing, leaning on the wall with his arms folded on his chest, busy making me realize things.

"Oh, thank you so much, Mr Wali. You are so intelligent, what would I do without you?" I rolled my eyes.

"Don't be sarcastic, Ale. Give me the suitcase, I can take it down," he stepped forward, holding the suitcase.

"What do you mean? You can take this suitcase down but I cannot?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

What does he think of me, a weakling?

I snatched the suitcase away from him and balanced myself.

Allahh miyan, it is really heavy!

"No, you can also take it down but, I want to do that. Now, give the suitcase to me," he moved forward, talking to me as if I was a five-year-old child.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "No, you didn't mean that. You are just saying this so that I'll give the suitcase to you. I'll take the suitcase down by myself. Wait and watch." I narrowed my eyes at him and he sighed.

Challenged, I picked the suitcase up and was about to take a step down that my other ankle twisted, I stumbled and my back hit the ground, with the suitcase on my lap.

"Owwwww," I shrieked. And simultaneously heard Wali's voice calling me out.

"Dammit, Ale! Are you ok? Are you hurt somewhere? Is it paining?" he kneeled down beside me, checking for any injury.

"Allahhh...Owww...Wali, it hurts," I bawled. 

"Where?! Let me see." Taking my foot in his hand, he moved it a little.

"Ouch," I hissed.

"Shit, Ale. I am so sorry. I'll be careful," he started examining my foot, his face contorted in between worry and a frown. He was holding my foot so delicately as if it'll break anytime. if I was not in a situation like this, I would have laughed at his expressions.

"You stubborn woman. You just don't listen to anyone, Ale. Look what happened because of your stubbornness. Your foot is swelling now," he seethed, throwing me an angry look.

He was furious.

"I am sorry, Wali," I bit my lip. "I thought I could take the suitcase down easily."

"Yeah, of course, because Ms.Aleyha can do everything, right? When will you grow up Aleyha!" he gritted out.

"I am so..."

"Save it. Come on, I'll take you to the room," he moved forward to pick me up.

I crawled back quickly.

"What are you doing, Wali?" My eyes widened.

"What? Picking you up," he said in a 'duh' tone, raising an eyebrow as if it was the most normal thing he was about to do.

"No, Wali, you cannot do that. Call mama, she'll take me to the room."

"Why?! I have always picked you up whenever you got hurt. What's the problem now?" he said, irritated.

"Just call my mama, Wali," I told him, exasperated.

How can he be so dumb? I was young at that time but now I have grown up, he cannot pick me like that anymore.

"PHUPPO!" he called my mama, more like yelled at the top of his lungs. His jaw clenched, as his Adam's apple bobbed.

When mama came, Wali told her everything and walked away. He was really mad. 

Only because I didn't let him do what he wanted to do? Who is stubborn now? I huffed.

Ya Allah, ye kaise ziddi insaan se mera pala para hai!

Mama too first scolded me for my stubbornness and then took me to the room. Wow, that's great, I am the one who is hurt and I am the one who is getting scolded.