Chapter 13

I was in the midst of reading my novel when I heard the doorbell.

Mama or papa must have opened the door because now I could hear noises from downstairs. I threw a glance at the clock, frowning.

Who was here at this hour?

Allah kher karey!

My queries were soon gone when I saw Hoorain entering my room, followed by Pareeshay, Zaroon, Manahil and Ali, half of them yawning and other half looked like they were sleepwalking. I raised an eyebrow at them.

"Wali bhai told us that you've planned a movie night here, Al?" Manahil plopped down beside me.

"You should have at least left a message on the group, we would have come earlier," Zaroon complained.

I looked from one to another, dumbfounded.

What the hell were they talking about?

Only one thought came to my mind.

"Where is Wali?" I asked, confused.

"He is talking to phoppa jan downstairs about business," Ali shrugged, setting up the system.

I rolled my eyes.

Of course!

"Uh Guys...we forgot something," Hoorain called out, searching through her handbag.

"I know what you are talking about. It's here. Catch!" Zaroon threw a bag full of chips, popcorns, juices, chocolates and all the junk one need before starting the movie.

"Oh my god, Zaroon! You are a saviour," Manahil shrieked.

"I know, I know," he styled his hairs.

"Okay, no need to overreact," I threw a pillow at him. He glared at me, throwing it back at me.

I ducked, very well knowing him.

"Thank you so much. I needed my pillow back." I stuck my tongue at him.

"Okay, guys! The system is all set. What are we going to watch?" Ali stood up, switching on the projector, which he had brought.

"Lollywood."

"Hollywood."

"Bollywood."

I heard three different voices simultaneously.

Not again!

And as usual, after much bickering, we settled on Lollywood.

The movie just started when my bedroom door opened. My eyes snapped towards the entrance, very well knowing who would have finally come in.

Our eyes met. He looked at me intently, his eyes examining my face. I know he was trying to figure out my mood. He held the edge of his ear, tilting his head and gazed at me expectantly.If he was trying to act cute, apologizing to me, he was immensely failing at it. I tried not to laugh at his cute attempt at trying to be cute.

Although I was no longer angry with him. He didn't need to know that!

So, very dramatically, I averted my eyes back to the screen. I saw him from my peripherical view, he shut his eyes tightly and let out a deep sigh. He knew he wouldn't be off the hook easily. He advanced towards me, sitting on the sofa beside me.

"Ale?" he whispered.

I ignored him, pretending to be engrossed in the movie.

"Ale?" he called out, this time much louder.