Chapter 9

It was around four o'clock when Zoha left because she had to go to the salon as it was her valima today. After she left, we all got busy preparing for tonight's event. Wali did try to talk to me after our first talk, several times, but I successfully avoided him. It was seven thirty now and we had to leave at almost eight thirty. Taking out my today's outfit, I spread it on the bed and moved towards the bathroom to take a bath.

Taking a bath relaxed my mind

Taking a bath relaxed my mind. Pareeshay came and did my makeup. It was not like I cannot do my makeup, I can, but applying eyeshadows were never a piece of cake for me so I always did my simple usual makeup... mascara...blush...lipstick but now I cannot do that as it was a big event and after baraat, I liked what Pareeshay did on my face so I wanted her to do my valima's makeup too.

But that's a secret. I will never tell her that I liked her makeup skills ...never...ever.

Smokey eyes with a pinkish-nude lipstick that's what she did and I loved it. I changed into my black slit shirt and straight pyjama pants. Curling my hairs, I parted them from the centre and twisting a few strands, I pinned them at each side. And draped my dupatta on my shoulders.

Satisfied with my look, I twirled around and at the very same moment the door opened and Wali came in. My movements halted and my eyes widen, his reaction same as mine.

"Uh... Ale...listen...I wanted to talk to you" he said, scratching the back of his neck.

"And how many times do I have to tell you, I don't want to talk to you," I told him. I was surprised my voice did not tremble, it sounded cold, even to my ears.

Wearing my heels, I moved forward to leave the room.

Yes! I know I told nanna I'll try, but I was not yet ready to face him.

I was about to leave the room when the door closed, "That's enough Aleyha! You have been ignoring me the whole day. I have tried to talk to you but you have avoided me like a plague. But now, you will listen to me" he ground out.

Clenching my fists, I turned around to tell him off but he was standing so close to me that I forgot what I was going to say. I moved away from him. Folding my arms, I looked away.

He closed his eyes, letting a sigh out, calming himself. "Ale... I know it was harsh of me to talk to you like that and I regret it. You know my anger always rules over my emotions"

I scoffed at that.

He glared at me and I rolled my eyes. He took another deep breath.

"...Whatever you think I implied, it came out all wrong. I could never fathom to think like that about you. I know you still are the same. I trusted you then and I still trust you" he said hoarsely, his voice sounded sincere and guilty,"...the one whom I don't trust is that boy" he sneered.