Imprinting

The chapter you've all been waiting for ;3

The pack and I were at Emily's. Emily is Sam's imprint. I remember asking Jacob what an imprint was and he seemed a bit uncomfortable telling me.

"Its...like gravity. Everything shifts. Suddenly, its not gravity holding you to the earth, its them. You would do anything, BE anything for them. A friend, a lover, a protector."

I was intrigued by what Jacob had said. I really want to imprint. Jacob told me that Sam doesn't know if I would imprint or not since I was the first female. Speaking of female..

I recently found out Seth and Leah Clearwater shifted. Their dad, Harry Clearwater died from a heart attack, triggering their transformation. What was weird was that Leah didn't go through what I did. She got angry, and bada bing bada boom. Phased.

Seth was a different story. He went through the pain and sickness like me and the others went through. We are supposed to eat at Emily and Sam's house to introduce them to the pack.

Jacob, Jared, Paul, and I are at their house now. Lets just say that Emily is the best cook I've ever met. She makes enough food for everybody. Well, normally. The boys eat more than I do...because they're male werewolves, whatya expect?

I usually like to chill with Emily and cook. ((I also like to steal a couple of bites before the pack gets here)).

Embry came to me before I met Emily and told me not to stare at her because it makes Sam upset. I was pretty confused until I saw why. I hope I'd never do that to my imprint.

"Need any help?" I ask politely to Emily who was currently lightly grazing steak with different spices before cooking it.

"Sure! Could you mix those mashed potatoes for me?" She replied, happy she was getting help

I nodded and did what I was told.

Not a couple minutes later Emily pulled out a batch of freshly made cookies. The smell got me in a frenzy as I stared at the cookies with such longing.

Emily caught me looking a smiled slyly before handing me one.

"This is for helping me out." she said

"Thanks!" I say before taking a bite. I sigh lovingly at the cookie

((Dang it now I'm hungry))

Quil entered the room and walked over to us, about to snag a cookie but I slapped his hand away.

"Ow! Hey..." Quil whined while rubbing his hand

"Wait until its time to eat, you pig!" I say half playful half serious

Quil sighed before joining the others. Emily laughed quietly then turned back to whatever she was doing.

Sam walked in and hugged Emily from behind while kissing her temple multiple times....well...the scars. I looked away. There was something about that, when you haven't imprinted you just can't look at them.

Jacob told me imprinting was rare and hardly ever happened. I almost wanted to scoff. Sam and Jared imprinted already. Who's next? Quil? Jacob? Maybe Embry?

Jacob was pretty sad about what happened with Bella. I was surprised my brother had a crush on her. I barely remember hanging out with Bella when I was younger, but little fuzzy memories popped up once in a while.

"Hey Y/n, could you do me a favor and set the table?" Emily asked

"Sure." I said, clearing previous thoughts from my mind

•°•A couple mins later•°•

I stared at the ready table while Emily placed the dishes down. Were Seth and Leah close?

"Here the newbies come!" Jared said with a mouth full of bread that he had snatched sneakily

I sat down at the table and played with my hair. I heard Jacob and Embry talking about how awkward it was going to be with Leah and Sam. Especially poor Emily. To my knowledge, Sam and Leah were dating for awhile and really loved each other, but when Sam saw Emily...he imprinted and had to break up with Leah.

Leah stepped inside and looked around until her eyes landed on Sam and Emily. Bitterness clouded her eyes and she sat down across from me. Seth stepped in afterwards, clearly more bubbly than his sister.

I didn't look at him, but stared down the most doughy, the most plump roll I have ever seen. My mouth watered. Everyone sat down including Seth, who sat exactly across from me by his sister. I wasn't letting that roll get eaten by any members of the pack.

"Alright guys, dig in!" Emily said while smiling.

Immediately I reached for the roll but a hand also grabbed it. I looked up, about to tell off the brother that thought he could take MY roll but my eyes locked onto Seth's.

My whole world stopped as our eyes met. Everything surrounding us...disappeared. Everything shifted. I only looked to Seth. Seth's expression shifted to surprise and I bet mine did too. My heart quickened when I looked at him.

"Are you kidding me!?" A shout broke through the moment.

It was Jacob's. "No way! Really? Seth, you imprinted on MY sister??"

Seth looked confused, shocked, surprised and dazed. "I-I-I what?"

His voice. Oh his voice. My heart skipped a beat. Jacob groaned. Everyone looked at Seth and I in shock. "This isn't right..." Sam muttered

I gave Sam a confused look. "What do you mean?" I asked and I heard Seth's breathing hitch slightly when I spoke.

"Never have we had two werewolves imprint on eachother at the same time." Sam said with curiosity.

"Well, never have we had two females shift before but here we are" I mumbled

Sam shook his head.

"That still doesn't change the fact that Seth imprinted on my sister" Jacob said before stuffing mashed potatoes in his mouth.

"I couldn't help it, neither could Seth" I defended

Jacob sighed. "At least its Seth and not someone I don't trust". Jacob replied softly