Chapter 16 A World of Lies

'I like Jacob.' April munched on popcorn beside me.

'I like Edward.' I smiled as Jacob saved Bella from being crushed by a car with his super strength. 'Can you imagine if Werewolves and Vampires existed?' I liked the idea; I'd have a Vampire boyfriend that would be there in times of need.

'My mother said-'

'Stop Charlotte.' April cut her off, throwing popcorn at her from her spot on the floor.

'Hey!'

'I can't hear the TV.'

'You were talking too.' I countered.

April threw popcorn at me and I caught it in my mouth. 'Six points.' I beamed.

'A Vampire wouldn't be your boyfriend because he'd drink you.' She spoke superiorly.

'And a Werewolf?' I asked.

'He'd bite you, and then you'd be a Werewolf too.'

I opened my eyes, the memory fading as I lay in Mr. O'Sullivan's bed in the middle of a field. The wind blew softly across my face and through the grass around me, and the sun was warm against my face. Two moths fluttered down, each landing on one of my arms, removing the bandages to reveal two identical tattoos on my skin, on the right, a gold moth on the right a blue one.

I slowly opened my eyes, the scene before me flickering between the field and the office as I blinked away the dream.

"Good morning Isla." Anna sat on the end of my bed. "How are you feeling?"

"Thirsty." I croaked.

She passed me a glass of water, helping prop me up with pillows behind my back.

"Thank you."

She smiled. "Can I have a look under your bandages?"

I nodded, setting down the glass on the bedside table.

Anna stepped forward, slowly peeling the bandage on my neck first. "Do you feel any pain at the moment?"

I thought about it. "No, actually, I don't really feel any at all." Which was weird considering it was all I could feel last night.

"This is good." She fully removed all my bandages, turning my arm so I could see the five pink scars running down both my arms. 

"Am I going to be a Werewolf?" I still wasn't used to the idea.

She nodded. "Most likely, especially since you're healing fast."

"So there's a chance that I won't be a Werewolf?"

"Not everyone can handle the shift. It's easier for young children, because they are not fully developed. There is very little chance of surviving as an adult. In teenagers, it's fifty percent."

"This is hard to get my head around." I admitted.

She nodded. "It'll get easier."

The door opened and all my friends flooded in, Mr. O'Sullivan in tow.

"Isla." Eliza was the first to hug me. "How crazy is this?"

"I know." They must have told her about Werewolves.

"You healed." Charlotte eyed my scars.

Mr. O'Sullivan sniffed the air, frowning before stepping closer to me, and sniffing again.