Chapter 31 Transmutation

'My parents were a little reluctant to let me go with them,' Alick's voice floated through my subconscious.

'Why's that?' I asked.

'It's a super moon Wednesday night.' An image of a huge moon invaded my senses.

'And they're worried you'll change?' The moon was replaced by Alick roaring with a mouth full of pointed teeth, pulling against the chains that bound him to the floor of a room.

'At least I'll have my fangs by Thursday morning.' I saw April bound by chains also, blood dripping from her mouth and her eyes crimson as she hissed and cursed.

'April could hurt people.'

'And me?'

'We don't know what a Changeling shift is like.' Looking in a mirror I saw the Seelie Queen staring back at me, mix-matched eyes and flowing blue hair.

I awoke with my face plastered to the sheets beneath me. My body felt like a furnace and my joints throbbed in time with my heart. I felt like I was breathing fire with each exhale.

"You have a fever." Charlotte dabbed my forehead with a damp cloth.

"What time is it?" I squinted against the light.

"It's half twelve." She answered.

"Crap." I tried to sit up but Charlotte lightly pushed me back down.

"You need to rest." She handed me glass of water and I sighed when it eased my searing throat. "Your parents are out getting some food. They want to take you back home."

I sat up this time, using the pillows to support my back. "I can't leave you guys here."

"You won't be, you're not the only one who is already feeling the effects of the moon."

On cue April barged through the doorway, stuffing her face full of chocolate. "I did get some for you." She looked my way as she sat down on the edge of my bed. "But I ate it." She said unregrettably. "Does anyone else feel horny and hungry?"

"April!" Charlotte sent her a withering look.

"It was just a question." April rolled her eyes and I noticed her pupils were dilated. She looked like she was high out of her mind.

"Do I look like I feel horny?" I squinted my eyes at her.

April shrugged. "Well." She licked her fingers. "Why don't I bring Buffy McDaddy in here?"

"McDaddy?" Charlotte and I frowned at her.

"Yes." She pursed her lips at me.

A howl suddenly emitted downstairs and we all fell silent.

Charlotte sighed. "Stay here." She rushed out the door.

I sunk into the covers as a silence ensued while April continued to eat and bounce her knees hyperactively.

"I can't wait to get my fangs." April turned to flash a smile at me. "I want to be able to drink blood, as a matter of fact." She eyed me and I glared in return.

"Don't you dare."

"I wouldn't dream of it. Faerie blood is probably poisonous."

"Then drink up."

April eyed daggers before getting up from my bed as Charlotte returned.

"How's the wolf boy?" April asked.