Chapter Thirty-Two

"We don't want to cause any trouble," Nora said. She stepped out from behind Kane. "We can leave right now and not come back."

The beta took a few more steps closer to them and Kane grabbed Nora by the arm and pulled her behind him. The bond between them was going off like crazy. He had to protect her. At all costs he had to protect her. He wanted her to run, and he was going to tell her to, but he was too scared that they would chase her.

"You two can go," the beta said, pointing between Nora and Kane, "but you aren't leaving with him."

"That's not happening," Kane told them.

Kane placed his hand on Mason's back, his fingers resting on top of the soft fur. There was no chance that he would leave without Mason. The two omegas laughed and Kane felt a shiver run up his spine.

He guessed that these wolves were a part of the group that had been searching for Mason. He knew what they were capable of and the lengths they would go to get Mason, dead or alive. Kane shuddered at the thought. He wasn't going to let these three get their hands on Nora or Mason.

He sized up the omegas, they would be easy to take down, especially if he had help from the other two, but the Beta was a different story. He would be a lot harder to take down, even in his human form he looked like he could take down a few wolves with ease.

"Then I guess none of you leave here," the beta said, a sly grin on his face. He motioned towards Mason. "In your human form, kid."

Mason whined. He was safer in his wolf form, when he could run faster and fight harder, but Kane wanted to avoid a fight with these wolves as much as possible. He nodded towards Mason. Mason shifted back into his human form and quickly threw his clothes on.

The beta was looking at Mason with interested eyes. "They were right, you really are different."

"No wonder they want him so badly," one of the omegas muttered.

"I don't want to fight you, but I will," Kane told them. He took a deep breath and prepared his muscles to transform. "You can't have my mate."

The beta's eyes widened. "Your mate?"

"Yes, my mate," Kane said, "and you must know that you won't be leaving with him if I'm still breathing."

"The boy is worth way more alive than dead. You however, are worth nothing to me either way."

The omegas laughed again. They took a few steps closer to the three of them, but didn't make any moves to fight them.

Mason turned to Kane. "You two go, I'll be okay," he whispered in his ear.

"No," Kane replied without hesitation.

"Listen to him," the beta advised. "If his parents had done the same maybe they would still be alive."

Kane froze. These were the people who killed Mason's parents.

"You were there that day?" Mason asked, his voice shaking.

"I sure was," he said with a sly smile.

Mason lunged towards him, his body changing into his wolf form. Kane tried to reach out and stop him, but he couldn't get to him in time. He flew straight into the beta, knocking him to the ground. Kane just saw the beta start to transform under Mason's grip before one of the omegas threw himself at Kane. Kane pushed him back and punched him in the jaw.

"Run!" he screamed at Nora, but the other omega had been running at her. He threw her to the ground.

Kane transformed quickly and growled at the omega in front of him who was now in his wolf form as well. He ran the short distance between them and slammed him into a tree. He yelped in pain as he hit the tree and slid down to the ground, landing in a pile on the forest floor. It was enough to distract him long enough, so Kane turned and saw the situation unravelling before him. Mason and the Beta were engaged in a fight, taking turns hitting each other against the ground. The beta's wolf was much larger than Mason was, almost doubling his height, but Mason was agile and much faster.