♡Nineteen♡

Shawn

I'm out at the cafe getting Maya and I breakfast. Jade comes back and leans on the table.

"How are things going with you two?" she questions. Smiling, I think about her.

"Great. She's amazing." She chuckles.

"I'm glad to see you happy. What can I get you?"

"Our usual." She nods before going back into the kitchen. As she's preparing the food, I get my phone out and text Maya.

M- Shawn where are you? I'm cold.

S- I'm getting your food. I'll be back soon and we can cuddle.

M- Okay... hurry!

S- Whatever you say, Mama.

Chuckling, I shove my phone back in my pocket as Jade walks out with our food. As I go to get my money out, she waves me off.

"It's on the house as long as you treat her right," she jokes. Laughing, I go to walk away. She grabs my hand. "Seriously Shawn. She's told me what happened. She's a good one. Don't hurt her any more than she's already been hurt."

"I promise I won't." She smiles softly at me and I smile back. As I'm walking out of the cafe I see a face I want to break.

"Mendes! It's been a while, hasn't it? What have you been up to?" Jake questions. I don't turn around. Opening the passenger door, I put the food in and walk around to the driver's side. When I open my door, his hand slams it closed. "It's very rude to ignore someone who's talking to you."

"You need to get the hell out of my way," I say through gritted teeth. It's taking everything in me not to beat him for hurting Maya.

"You know, I think Maya said something similar to that. What was it... oh yeah 'get off of me.'" My jaw clenches. "She was a fun one. Kept squirming."

I break. My fist connects to his jaw and he stumbles back. He laughs and grabs his jaw.

"I thought you didn't fight outside the ring?" he smirks.

"You raped her." He comes back over to me and I shove him.

"Is that what it was? I thought she was crying because it was so good." My fist reconnects with his jaw. We fall to the ground and I hit him repeatedly. He flips our positions and gets a few hits on me. I flip back over and hit him hard until someone pulls me off.

"You knew what you were doing!" I shout. "You raped her!"

"And it was the most fun I've had, Mendes. Tell her I said hi." Suddenly, someone grabs my wrists and pins me to my car. I almost ask who it was when I feel metal being clamped onto my wrists.

"You're under arrest," the cop growls into my ear.

"Look you've got the wrong guy!" I hear Jake yelling. I can't look because the officer slams my head into the trunk of my car. There's a sharp pain and my vision blurs briefly. I can hear Jade yelling at the cops to let me go.

"I don't like you fighter boys. Now I've got one of the biggest ones in custody." The smirk can be heard in his voice. He pulls me up and shoves me into the back of the car. Jake has cuffs on his wrists but nowhere near as tight. He also hasn't had his head slammed into a car.

They drive us to the police station and pull me out of the car. When we walk in they throw me into a holding cell. When they shut the door behind me a guy walks up to the cell. He's tall, older, and has black hair.

"My name is Aaron Hotchner. We are here investigating the murders of three women."

"Am I a suspect?" I question.

"Yes, we'd like to ask you some questions if you don't mind." Nodding, they unlock the cell and take the cuffs off of my hands. I follow him to the interrogation room and there is a blonde girl and a guy with dark brown skin and no hair sitting at the table.

"My name is Derick Morgan and this is Jennifer Jarue. What happened to your head?" Sitting in front of them, I look at Derick.

"One of the officers who arrested me slammed my head into a car." He sighs. "What questions do you have for me?"

"Where were you last night and three am?"

"At home with my friend and her daughter."

"Can she verify that?"

"Yes." He nods. "I want to call her."

"Go ahead." They both stand and walk out of the room. I dig my phone out of my pocket and click her name.

"Shawn, where are you?" she questions. I can imagine her standing in one of my hoodies with Hope in her arms.

"I'm at the police station."

"What? Why?"

"I'm a suspect for a murder investigation." She's quiet. "Maya, they need you to come down to verify that I was home last night."

"Okay, I'll be down there in a few minutes." She hangs up and Derick and Jennifer walk back into the room.

"She's on her way." They nod and ask me more questions like why I was beating Jake. "He raped her."

Something flashes in their eyes.

"What did he do after that?" Jennifer asks. 

"He tried freezing her to death." They look at each other and Derick stands. He walks out of the room.

"Would you like anything to drink?" Jennifer questions.

"Yes, please." She nods and walks out of the room. After a few minutes, Maya walks into the room. Tears make her eyes glossy. Standing, I walk over to her and hug her. She wraps her arms around my torso and shakes. "What's wrong?"

"They asked me about him, Shawn. About what he did." She looks up at me and worry fills her eyes. "What happened to your head?"

"An officer slammed my head into a car." She scoffs.

"What? Shawn, that's illegal."

"She's right," a voice behind her says. Looking up, I see it's not Derick or Jennifer. "The officer has had several violence complaints against him."

"It's fine. I'm fine. The only thing that matters is they got Jake." Maya stares at my head.

"No, they let him go." Maya turns around quickly.

"What? Why?"

"His father got him out. He does own part of the station." Maya scoffs. Derick and Jennifer step in.

"Actually, he's staying here. Doesn't matter if his father owns the station. This is our case now. He's a suspect and you all letting him go is illegal."

"Oh, well... him and his father already left." Derick sighs before getting on his phone.

"I need all exits blocked and all airports monitored. He's going to leave the state and we can't let him."

"Wait, you mean he's out there?" Maya questions. Her hands shake so I take them into mine. They leave the room and I pull her back into me. "You can't do that last fight, Shawn."

"I have to, Mama. I don't have a choice." She holds me tight. She shakes and I hold her tighter.

"You always have a choice, Shawn. Please make the right one."