♡Forty♡

Maya

"I can't believe you did that," I groan into Shawn's chest.

"Babe, that happened like a week ago," he chuckles. His hand runs up and down my arm. Hope is in front of us dancing to a Mickey Mouse song. She's been talking more.

"I know but it scared me. I thought you died," I pout. He smiles and kisses me.

"I'm sorry. It won't happen again," he chuckles.

"It better not. If it does, I won't make any more muffins." I huff, standing up and walking into the kitchen. He follows behind me. His hands are on my hips and he spins me around to face him. He gently presses my back into the counter. He kisses me lightly.

"Please don't ever stop making your muffins. They're my favorite."

"They better be," I scold. I can't help but smile at him though.

"I love you," he says dragging out the 'you'.

"I love you more," I tease. He picks me up and sets me on the counter.

"Not possible."

"When are we going to tell your family?" I ask as he plays with Hope.

"Do you want to facetime them?" He questions, looking back at me.

"It's whatever you want to do." He bites his lip and bounces Hope on his lap.

"I want to tell them now," he smiles. He digs his phone out of his lap and FaceTimes Aaliyah. She picks up and he sets it on the table facing us.

"Hi, how are you all?" she beams.

"Great, are mom and dad home?" he asks. I can't help but smile into his shoulder.

"Yeah, why?" Her eyebrows furrow.

"Okay, don't freak out but... I'm pregnant," I say. Her eyes and smile go wide.

"Are you serious?"

"Yes," I laugh. Shawn rubs my leg as Aaliyah claps.

"I'm going to be an aunt!" she cheers. "Dad!"

"What?" We hear him call from the background.

"Come here!"

"No, you come here!" He replies. Shawn and I laugh. Aaliyah huffs before rushing down the stairs.

"Dad," Shawn calls through the phone. Manny pauses whatever was on the TV to look at his son. It makes me wish my parents were in my life still.

"Shawn, how have you all been? I assume you've been treating Maya right," he scolds. A laugh passes my lips.

"He has," I kiss his cheek.

"Dad, I have something to tell you... Maya's pregnant!" He looks baffled at first. Then, the words process in his mind. He smiles and claps.

"I'm going to be a grandpa!" He shouts. Something breaks in the kitchen. "Karen, sweetie, are you okay?"

"Maya, are you pregnant?" Karen asks as she walks into the room. I nod. She claps and hugs Aaliyah. "I'm going to be a grandma!"

"Yeah, you all are going to do great!" I smile. We talk for about an hour more before I have to go give Hope a bath. "You're going to be a big sister, Hope. You and this baby are going to have grandparents and..." I can't continue before a cry passes my lips. I hear Shawn mumble an 'I have to go' before his footsteps echo towards the bathroom.

"Baby, what's wrong?" he asks, walking closer to me. His arms pull me and Hope into him. Hope's bottom lip pokes out and she lays her head on Shawn's chest. 

"My parents were never involved in Hope's life and it's my fault. My dad came to try and makeup but I pushed them away. I haven't seen my mom in over two years... oh god, I'm sorry, I probably sound so selfish." He kisses my forehead. "You-"

"It's fine, baby. Do you want to tell them that you're pregnant? It's up to you."

"I-I don't know Shawn. I want to tell them, I want them to be in Hope and the babies life but I don't know what I'll do if they reject me again."

"If they do, I'll be right here. What do you want to do?"

"I want to tell them."

The next day, Shawn drives us to my parent's house.

"Are you okay?" he asks softly. Silently, I nod. We get out of the car and I get Hope out of her seat. I take a deep breath before knocking on the door. After a few moments, it opens. My mother stands there. Her pale blonde hair is pulled back into a bun. A tan hand covers her mouth.

"I-is that you, Maya? Is that my baby girl?" She whispers. All I can do is a nod. She pulls me into a hug. I hug her back. "And is this my granddaughter?"

"Honey, who's at the-" my dad appears. "Maya."

"Dad," I cry. My mother takes Hope and I hug him. "I'm so sorry for what happened at Christmas. I was scared."

"No, sweetie it's fine. I shouldn't have left you on your own."

"Mom, dad, this is Shawn, my boyfriend." They smile softly at him.

"Come in," my dad smiles. "We have a lot to catch up on."

"Thank you," he smiles. He takes my hand and we walk in.