that's my girlfriend!

(h/c= hair color)

"wake up! you'll be late!"

a voice rang in y/n's ears. she woke with a start, looking around her room frantically.

"oh, it's only you mother," y/n sighed with relief.

"you must get ready! you'll be late for school, you slept in way too long." her mother scolded as she hurried out of the room.

y/n groaned and groggily got out of bed, yawning as she walked over to her closet to pick out a dress.

all of a sudden, as if her brain had smacked her skull trying desperately to bring y/n to her senses, she realized she'd forgotten something important.

hurrying to put on a dress and do her hair, she got ready very quick and ran out the door.

"goodbye mother!" she called as she tried to get herself organized. her books were falling out of her hands, and her lunch basket was untidy. but, she kept running through the thin blankets of snow.

y/n scolded herself in her head for forgetting such a thing.

y/n's rosy complexion and her unremarkable h/c hair made her look stunning as she ventured through the white blankets of snow.

***

"oh, i am so sorry i'm late!" y/n apologized breathlessly, leaning against a tree in exhaustion.

"it's alright, y/n."

"thank you for waiting, gilbert."

"of course!" gilbert said, smiling graciously.

"i woke up late, and i forgot for a moment about how we were supposed to walk to school together, and i don't know how i could forget such a thing, but--,"

"y/n, take a deep breath. you need to calm down," gilbert laughed, putting a hand on her shoulder and rubbing it with his thumb.

y/n's heart pulsated strongly at this action. her red cheeks grew redder (if that were even possible) as gilbert proceeded to make eye contact with her.

his eyes flickered to her lips.

"you know, we should probably get to school." y/n whispered.

gilbert removed his hand from her shoulder and cleared his throat awkwardly. he cringed slightly at the fact she had interrupted this moment that he thought was of great intimacy.

"yeah, you're right."

and so they began to walk.

usually something like a walk to school is as uninteresting as mr. philips doing roll call, but gilbert and y/n would always make it anything but.

it was amazing how they always found something to discuss. even though they were so different, they could often relate to eachother about many things. but today, they talked about a more serious topic.

"so, are we going to keep this a secret forever?" y/n asked quietly.

"you think we'll last forever?" gilbert teased, nudging her.