Chapter Two: Girl Meets Rucas Argument.

Maya's POV:

I sat there with Zay and Farkle by my side as we all watched silently as we anticipated what will happen next. Currently the three of us are all sitting down underneath a big oak tree watching Lucas and Riley talk for the first time today.

"Can anyone here read lips?" Zay questions as he grabs a hand full of his microwaved popcorn just before shoving it all into his mouth.

"I wish. I want to know what all those hand gestures mean." Farkle whines and he tries to steal some of Zay's popcorn however, he just slaps his hand away.

"Dude sharing is caring." Farkle says.

"I'm too busy trying to figure out this tea to care." I can't help but chuckle at these two pinheads and the way they act towards each other.

"I think they stopped talking." Zay notices and both Farkle and I place all of our attention back to Lucas and Riley.

"Yea Riley is looking at Lucas but he's facing us. What are they doing?"

"Maya I think he's calling you over there." Farkle says as I see Lucas waving me over.

"What no he's probably talking about you Zay." Feeling completely awkward and out of place, I'd much rather stay here with the pinheads than go with the love birds.

"Maya he's calling you over there. This is perfect, go find out what all the hand gestures were all about and report back to us." Zay encourages me to go head towards them and over my better judgement I do so. I get up and start to head towards our group's infamous couple hoping nothing too bad comes from it.

"I want to know everything! Word for word, don't let us down agent!" I hear Zay shout and I couldn't help but shake my head at his childish antics that makes Zay who he is.

I look over at the couple to see Riley with her arms crossed over her chest and her head hanging low as she stares uninterestingly at her sneakers. However, Lucas's eyes are stuck on me as there is nothing shown but a glimmer of hope.

"You summoned me?" I question as I finally arrive at both Lucas and Riley.

"We need your input on something." Lucas explains to me and I look over at Riley to see that she is still acting distant and uninterested by looking down at her white shoes.

"Um okay? What's going on?"

"Riley is scared of me. She doesn't know if she can be with someone like me anymore." My eyes instantly widen in shock as I look over at my best friend.

"Riley is that true?" I question thinking about how misleading our conversation in history class was.

"I don't know okay? I just don't know what I want to do. I don't want to be scared of my own boyfriend and have to worry about you hurting yourself or someone else." She looks over at Lucas with her big brown eyes showing sadness and confusion.

"What about what we talked about in class this morning? What changed?"

"I just realized how much of a toll this would have on our relationship if he keeps on becoming the old Lucas. I don't think I can handle it anymore." A single tear escapes her eyes but she quickly wipes it away.

"Riles do you even know why he became so angry?"

"She never asked me what happened." Lucas speaks up for the first time.

I look over at him to see that he started approaching her, soon only being inches away from Riley. His hand reachs out and places itself against her cheek as he slowly but gently tilts her head up so she can look at him.