Chapter Thirteen: Girl Meets Change.

Maya's POV:

As time has gone by, I come to realize how people are so capable of change. Even if it happens right before your eyes. I thought I knew Riley more than I knew myself, but I've never been so utterly wrong. She has changed into a person that's become so unrecognizable, that I couldn't believe my best friend in the entire would be acting like this.

I can't put all the blame on her. Maybe I'm at fault too for not being able to see clearly. I've been so blinded by the picture perfect character I've casted her to be, maybe that's why I haven't seen everything underneath the surface. Or better yet, maybe I've changed and have grown to the point where her behavior has become uncommon to me.

Whatever it maybe it doesn't take away from the Riley that is right in front of me. The girl who is sipping on brown liquor as encouragement and confidence, to prepare for losing her virginity.

"Don't bother talking me out of this Maya. My mind is set and I'm going to be calling Lucas up here." She smirks at me through the mirror as she continue to touch up her hair.

"Clearly you have your mind set on throwing away your virginity Riley. But I will say that even though you're determined to do this, I know it isn't what you want." I walk up closer to her warily, she isn't focus on my approaching presence so I take the opportunity to place a supporting hand on her shoulder.

"I know you're doing what you think is best. And I know you think doing this will save your relationship but the harsh reality is that it won't Riley. If you really want to fix it you need to talk to Lucas and voice your concerns. Sex isn't the answer and I don't want you to do something you regret." Riley stops her actions of playing around with her hair and she sighs deeply before turning around to face me. She seems to be unusually calm.

"Listen Maya I don't know what has you thinking you're so wise all of a sudden but honestly, just cut the crap. You know nothing about this. You say you know what I want but if that was true you wouldn't be here right now ruining this night for me. You seriously need to get over yourself." I stare at Riley in complete awe. I can't wrap my head around the words that just came out of her mouth.

I need to get over myself? Doesn't she realize she's trying to keep Lucas with sex, knowing that giving herself up like that won't guarantee a successful relationship.

"Look Riley if you wont listen than I can't force you too. Talk to me when you've gain some sense." And with that I turn away from my best friend and head towards the door.

"Maya if you mention this to Lucas in any way than I'll never forgive you." I don't even dignify her with a response.

I walk out the door with my mind racing and my heart aching. How can she say that to me? All I'm trying to do is be there for her but she won't let me. Or she's too stubborn and wrapped up in her own head to see what it is she's truly doing. Even if it means her never forgiving me I know I need to stop her from making such a big mistake. I need to warn Lucas and hope he can be the one to talk some sense into his girlfriend.

"Woah there Maya what's the hurry?" I look up to see Josh's smiling face as he steps towards me, blocking my path.

"No hurry. I'm just looking for Lucas." He looks at me doubtfully.

"You look like you're on a mission. Is everything alright?" He's enchanting eyes look deep into mine as I can see the slight look of concern taking over his features.

"Yeah I'm fine I just need to ask him something it's honestly no big deal." I flash him my award winning smile which makes him finally let me go.

I push through the multiple body's of swaying teenagers as I rush to the living room in search of a certain cowboy. He always seems to be the root of my relief nowadays. After scanning the living room and the kitchen it seems like he is nowhere to be found. Isn't that just my luck.