Chapter Thirty One: Girl Meets A Date.

Maya's POV:

"I can't eat another bite." I scoot down on my chair and pat my full stomach.

Just looking at food causing my tummy to churn.

Zay, Lucas and I all decided to skip first period and go out for pancakes. It's a buffet style breakfast and we all got mountains upon mountains of pancakes. Which was clearly a mistake on my end.

"Are you sure Maya? You're almost done." Zay asks before stuffing his face with another mouthful.

"I'll literally explode if I take another bite." I say and Lucas grabs my plate and puts it in front of him.

He finishes the last few bites of my pancake and places a kiss on my temple, which makes my cheeks heat up.

"Well aren't you guys adorable." Zay coos and Lucas rolls his eyes at his best friend.

"Are you babysitting tomorrow night?" He asks ignoring Zay.

"Nope but I am today. Why?"

"Do you want to go out for dinner with me?" My heart leaps at his words.

Is Lucas asking me out on a date?

"Um- yeah that sounds fun." I know my face is redder than a tomato right now but I don't care.

"You guys are so cute." Zay teases.

Lucas and I exchange glances.

"Shut up Zay." We both say in unison and in a playful tone.

~

~

My hands run over the this soft material of my dress. I stand before my reflection posing and eyeing my body carefully.

"What do you think about this one?" I look over at my mom who's seated on my bed.

She smiles over at me and gets up, she walks up behind me and places her hands on my shoulders gently.

"You look beautiful baby."

"You don't think it's too over the top?" I fingers fumble with the hem of the velvet dress.

I made sure to wake up extra early this morning so I can get my mom's opinion of what I should wear tonight on my date with Lucas.

I still can't believe this is actually happening...

Me and Huckleberry going on a date.

I never thought I'd see the day.

"I think he'll love it." She places a kiss on the top of my head before turning me around to face her.

"I'm so proud of you honey. I don't know everything that's happen between you and Riley, but something has changed in you. And I suspect Lucas has something to do about it." My mom pushes some loose strands of blonde hair away from my face and behind my ear.

"And put your hair up tonight, it'll go with the squared neckline." I smile up at my mother before wrapping my arms around her tightly.

"Thank you." I mumble genuinely.

"Now you better change and hurry before you end up being late for school." I smile kindly at her before beginning to change out of my dress.

I made it to school just in time for first period. Lucas and I have been inseparable since the first bell rang. When it came time to go to third period, I found myself dreading the 75 minutes I'd be without him.

I'm happy to say there's only a few minutes left.

I'm scared to say that maybe I'm becoming too dependent on Huckleberry. We've been spending all of our free time together and I hate to admit how much I love his company.