Chapter Twenty Eight: Girl Meets A Sleepover.

Maya's POV:

"I don't know how I'm supposed to do this." I bite down on my bottom lip nervously.

"Maya you do this every week." Lucas chuckles but I roll my eyes at him.

"I know but it's different this time. Zay isn't here today and I'm going to be left alone with them." I shudder at the thought.

"It's only one class. And just think about how when it's over, you'll be hanging out with the the twins and I." Lucas reaches over to grab my hand and gives it a slight squeeze before letting go quickly after.

The halls are full of students and Lucas and I are trying our best to be as discreet as possible. We don't want anyone finding out about us.

"I get that but Lucas I'm gonna be all alone. It's literally the worse people in that class. I sit two desks away from Missy." I shudder at the thought of having to endure her rude remarks and snooping habits alone.

Lucas obviously doesn't seem to care about my pain because all he's doing now is chuckling.

"Yeah Sundance just laugh at my expense." I turn around and began to walk away from Lucas.

"Baby you'll be fine." Instantly I stop in my tracks.

Baby?

Did Lucas just call me baby?

I can feel my cheeks heating up at his words. I turn around and approach Lucas once again.

He stands before me clearly embarrassed at the pet name he called me. I can't help but smile at his expression.

"So I'm your baby now?" I ask simply. Still feeling flushed, Lucas brings his hand up and rubs the back of his neck nervously.

"Um y-yeah. I-I mean if that's okay with you?" He looks so cute when he's nervous.

I can feel my cheeks heat up and I can't help but be excited about how things are progressing between the both of us.

I quickly scan the hallway to see if there's any lingering students. The corridors are mostly empty and the residual students who are still here aren't paying Lucas and I any mind.

I swiftly lean in closer to him and go up on my tippy toes.

"I'll see you after class baby." I tell Huckleberry before placing a quick peck on his lips.

I leave him standing by my locker completely speechless.

I knew as soon as I walked into class, it'll feel like forever before I'd be let out.

And that was only forty minutes ago.

It feels like it has been an eternity.

Don't get me wrong I don't mind this class. Mr. Lakeman does a good job of making this creative writing class interesting. It was either this class or biology... I would take fiction over science any day.

"Now for the rest of the class I want you guys to get into groups of two. Come up with an outline of a story. Brain storm ideas together and by the end of the class I want a solid plot to your stories." Mr. Lakeman announces.

This can't be happening.

Zay isn't here today and there's absolutely no one else I want to be paired up with.

Why did I listen to Lucas and come to class today?

"But since we aren't an even number, someone is going to have to work alone. Any volunteers?"

Instantly I raise my hand up.

I guess Lucas wasn't wrong after all...

Before Mr. Lakeman can say anything the door of our classroom swings open.