~9~

Dusty

I stayed in Remington's arms as we talked about small things. We would trade slow kisses every now and then, but soon my brother called, asking where I was. I ignored it and Remington gave me a weird, confused look, "you're ignoring you're brother?" Remington asked.

"Yeah he can wait." I answered.

"What if it's emergency?"

I sighed and pulled my phone back out. I had a text from miles.

Miles: we have a huge problem, your dad escaped jail and he's on his way to find you. I can't believe I'm going to say this, but if you're with Remington, stay with him.

"What did he say?" Remington asked.

"My dad escaped form jail and he's trying to find me. Miles told me to stay with you." I answered, looking up at him.

"Dusty you'll be ok-"

We heard footsteps coming through the hallway and Remington shot up quickly. I got up and went to the other said of the room, "Dusty, grab my phone and head out that door." Remington told me, pointing to the door behind me.

I opened the door and went into the small, used to be classrooms "WHERE IS SHE!" I heard from down the hall.

Remington opened the door and came into the room. "So somehow he found you here and so we'll exit through that door." Remington said, pointing towards the brown metal door.

Before I walked out, Remington handed me his pastel pink sweatshirt. I put it over my head and then we walked out. I gripped the hem of Remington's shirt as we walked to his bike.

-------

Remington drives me home, Milo was outside, "Dusty, why is Remington here?" Milo asked.

"Because her dad escaped jail, so now we're getting away from him." Remington answered.

Milo's eyes went huge and he ran inside. Remington took my hand and we went up to my room, "what are you doing Remington?" I asked, as Remington grabbed on of my backpacks and putting my clothes in it.

"I am packing for you." He answered.

"Yeah I know, but why?"

"We're going to my house, the only place that your dad can't find you at"

I rolled my eyes and laid back on my bed, Remington laid next to me, "I want you to not worry about your dad okay," He started to draw circles on yn stomach with his index finger, "He can't get to you when you're with me." Remington told me.

I sat up and kissed him, wantingly, "Dusty?" He questions and let's go.

"When will you show me?" I asked.

"Soon Ma Chèrie, soon." He asnwered.

I smiled and Remington kissed my head.

-------------

Remington

I finished packing for Dusty while she slept, peacefully, with her stuffed horse hugging her. I can't be Leicester that her dad escaped jail, and he is still after Dusty. I have no idea what the back story is, but I'll find out someday.

I sit in her chaise that was on the other side of her room. I noticed how Dusty tosses and turns in her sleep. It's like she's in a state of a nightmare. Dusty's head shakes like he's signalfying 'no'.

Dusty soon shoots up with tears in her eyes. I rush over to her, "Baby, hey its okay." I pull her close and rest my chin on her head.

"He was there, in my dreams." She said, resting her fist on my chest,

"Hey, hey, hey, you'll be okay. I am right here okay. I promise." I told her.

Man I wish i kept that promise.

#############

Y'all are gonna kill me

-Sarah 😴