~15~

Remington

*a month later*

It's been a month and I still haven't been able to find her. Ash is trying her best and she knows that Dusty would want her to stay strong, so that's what she's doing. I gave up and now I sit in my own house, drinking down gin and vodka. It's the only way I can cope. My brothers have visited me a few times, but now they just know that I'm getting drunk every night and I'm only 18.

But today I've decided to go out and get some coffee. As I walk down the boardwalk, I see Derek DiScanio and a girl with him. When I get a view of the girl, I realise that it's Dusty. I look at her, she seems so happy. But then Derek pulls her in and kisses her. They're together... she seems so much happier with him.

Anger boils inside of me, and I just walk over to them. "This is who you run to and leave me!" I yell at her.

Dusty looks at me, "Remington- I-" She looked scared.

"Dude, you can't just barge up to her and yell at her. She left for a reason that can't be explained." Derek said, coming up and protecting her.

"Why did you leave and never tel, anybody? You could of came to me! Is it because he shows you more love than me! WHY THE FUCK DID YOU LEAVE ME!" I yelled.

"REMINGTON YOU RUINED ME MENTALLY!" She screamed back.

My face dropped and Dusty came around Derek to talk to me. "What?" I asked.

"Remington you ruined me mentally and I couldn't take it anymore. Why do you think I almost ended it?" She repiled, "I even told you that I wanted you and I didn't want to be broken. But you left me broken even when you promised."

"Because I mentally hurt you, you tried to end it all? Dusty... I'm sorry." I replied, "but have you two been together for this whole month?" I asked.

"Yeah... we made up on the first night." She answered.

My heart shattered and I looked down at the ground. "Are you going back to school this month? Luna really misses you." I questioned.

"Maybe, I don't know." She answered.

I nodded, "Well um I guess I might see you at school tomorrow?" I said,

She hummed in response and I walked away. I can't believe that I showed her, but yet ruined her in a way that almost killed her.

----------

Dusty

Remington walks away and I looked at Derek, "I'm sorry" I apologized.

"Hey its okay, I'm sorry for getting protective of you." Derek returned.

I smiled and we went back to what we were doing.

--------

Derek and I went back to his house. Now that Remmy knows where I am, I just want to dissapear even more. Now I have to go to school tomorrow, but hopefully people won't question me. Derek has to go to his school anyway.

*the next morning*

I waked up and get in the shower. As I am in the shower, I'm thinking about how much I hurt Remington and mom. But I did what I thought was best, but after school, I've got sheet and they'll wonder why I was gone for a month.

I get out and get dressed in my my new clothes that I got for staying at Derek's. So I get a state champs shirt, ripped skinny, jeans, a new pair of yellow converse, and a yellow flannel.

My changed my hair color to a seafoam green to a dark green blue ombre. I also got another tattoo from when I went to go see all time low. Alex wrote down me another lyric and I got it tattooed on my forearm.