Phase 3: Election Day, part 1

Although the new Europe is not a federation, it has, besides the government of each individual country, a central government called the New European Council (NEC). All European countries except the states of DIANA are bound by its decisions about important topics which cannot be decided by the individual states.

The Leader party of NEC is an international political party elected by Europe's citizens. This party has the biggest influence on decisions the council makes. However, to ensure the system of checks and balances, the following three parties with the highest number of votes are also present in the council as a so-called Triumvirate. These parties have the number of deputies in the Council based on the percentage of votes they received in the elections.

Common knowledge

The past four months were rough and sometimes cruel, but I finally made it

After I recovered from the bullet wound, I immediately reported for the Warden training in London Warden headquarters. I had to be accomodated there - fortunately, after considering the circumstances, General Anastasia allowed Ryan to stay with me to ensure his safety.

Anastasia is a leader of Britain's Warden branch. Strict, yet fair woman. Surprisingly young, considering her position. She took the role of mentor for me and other thirteen Castaways who decided to become Wardens.

The physical training was hard, but it was nothing I wasn't used to. My training for Neoclash made me used to intense physical strain, even though some days were worse than the others. Fortunately, Anastasia considered our individual strengths and focused on them - I didn't have to spend hours on benchpress just like large, heavy Castaways weren't forced to run long kilometers.

After my body hardened even more, we finally got to the combat training. We learn advanced techniques from exotic martial arts under the guidance of experienced Castaway combatans or even Healthy who served in the army. That way, I learned, for example, about pressure points and how to incapacitate an enemy just by pressing one of them. I mastered numerous new things I can do with my artificial legs. Also my hand-to-hand combat, my biggest weakness so far, significantly improved.

And finally, in the end, we learned how to handle the shock rifle (that's the official name). Initially, I almost couldn't hold the weapon in my hands because I remembered Isaiah's death every time a loud electric shock emerged from the rifle's muzzle.

However, if I wanted to become a full-blown Warden, I had to overcome this aversion.

I wasn't the best sharpshooter in the group. In fact, I was one of the worst. However, with Anastasia's guidance, I learned to use the shock rifle at least decently.

The last part of our training was rather strange. It was focused on our mind. We learned meditations, breathing techniques and heard numerous lectures about motivation, self-control and personal growth. Sure, there were cadets who were constantly showing how much do the lessons bore them, but I found them interesting. I closely followed every word, aware it may come in handy in the future.