Chapter 2

Somewhere in a vast forest of Silvarinne

Frolicking along the lush green forest, is a young little elf girl with a long blond hair that reaches her waist, big emerald green eyes, fair skin, a long pointy elf ears, and wears a green sundress with a white floral pattern and a brown sun hat. Her name is Mikaela Greenfield, but many of her relatives and friends would call her Mika, she is the daughter of an Elven Councilor and Field Marshal of the Forest Guardian. She has a compassionate, caring, friendly, and a little adventurous spirit, wandering around the forest with her friends and befriending many animals. She was heading to a wide field of flowers were she'll collect some for the newly made garden at her school, however she stops dead in her tracks as she spotted someone in the fields. She saw a boy in his teens with jet black hair, light skin and wears simple clothing; a white shirt, green trousers with an odd pattern of what appears to be leaves, and a pair of black boots.

The young elf girl hid behind some bushes as she observes the boy, her mother always warns her of the dangers of outsiders; humans, minotaurs, ogres, and especially the Wild Elves from the south. She saw the boy doing nothing but stands there, moving his head slowly from left to right, as if he were looking for something. The more she looks, the more she realizes that the boys seemed lost and appears to be harmless, judging by the bird that landed on his head were it begun making a nest with some twigs in its beak. Maybe he got in their forest and needs help; maybe he is confused and doesn't know where he is. Mika comes to a conclusion that this boy is not bad and just need some help.

Mika comes out of hiding and slowly approaches the lone boy. When she is near, the boy suddenly moves and turns his head to face her, his brown eyes staring straight at Mika's eyes. "H-Hello... Do you need help?" She shyly said. The boy just stood there, staring at her. Mika saw that he's not angry, nor surprised, nor worried, his face is just... Blank, no emotions at all. It's rather unsettling for the elf girl. "D-Do you have a name?" She said as she starting to think that this is a bad idea.

"Name..." He said, slightly tilting his head to the left, appears to be confused. "My... Name..."

Amnesia! That's what immediately came to Mika's mind, he doesn't know his name, forgot who he is and probably forgot to show emotions. This boy really does need help. "Oh! You poor thing, you must have hit your head very hard, and now you've lost your memories about yourself." She went to take his hand, prompting him to come with her. "You don't have to worry. I have friends who can help you." Mika knew she is going to be scolded by her mother for taking in an outsider, the trouble she'll be in for bringing a human to their village, but there is nothing wrong with helping a lost and helpless boy.

And so she forgot all about the bouquet and lead the strange boy to through the woods and to her village, it would take at least ten minutes to get there. She looks back and saw that he still maintains his expressionless face; she strikes a conversation to help him bring at least bits of memory while on the go. "So do remember anything that happened before you came here?"

"No..." He said with a dull tone.

"Do you even remember where you came from, or what country where you are born?"

"No..."

Through all the walking Mika is been asking a lot that could help him remember anything. Who were his parents, who were his friends, any siblings? And the answer is always the same, 'No' with that dull and lifeless tone. She pity him, he must've got hit in the head hard, though she saw no blood making her believe that he's affected by some spell somehow. The only spells she know that can make someone lose their memory is Gemynd Scrin and Light of Forgetfulness, she heard her father mentioned those when he is discussing some political things.