Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Blosomville

He leans back at a tall tree guarding a small hut near a stone mansion; he gazes upwards and sees the blue sky through all the leaves that gives shade to the grounds of the forest. Haryk reflects on what happened for the past five days; the news of a human presence in the village spread like wildfire and caused panic and hysteria throughout Blosomville fearing they're being invaded or infiltrated by more spies, Durlan manages to calm them down by explaining that there is only one human and he's currently detained. The human was observed to see any injuries or any Mana residue, they found no injuries that could cause a amnesia like Mika claimed and also doesn't sense any magical energies meaning no spells was used on him. After examining his health he'll be spending the night in a comfortable jail cell.

The next day they've interrogated the human asking everything about him from his full name to the country of origin, but they can't get anything on him. He have no head injuries so no amnesia, and the mages confirmed that no spells cast on him to make him lose his memories, this could only mean that this boy could really be lying and proven their thoughts of him being a master spy.

But there is something unusual about this boy, first is that the mages sensed no life energy nor mana except for a very strange energy in him, second is that during the night the guards reported that he lay on his bed staring at the ceiling for the rest of the night like a corpse in a coffin, and one more thing is the way he acts. Besides his great archery skills Haryk is very good with interrogating people for information and can tell when a person is lying, the tone of voice, the nervous gesture of hand, uneasy body language, and the quick movement of eyes, the boy shows no signs of this, his voice is monotone, his hands and body is completely still, his face and eyes are devoid of emotions, he's not even sweating. Haryk and Durlan feels a little disturb when they try intimidation by glaring at the boy eye to eye, empty lifeless eyes that stares them back straight into their souls, it's like staring at the eyes of a corpse with this one.

When intimidation doesn't work they moved to torture. They whipped him, kick him, punch him, drown, burn, and crush, anything they can use to get any valuable information from the spy. But the pain they've caused did no effect, the boy still maintain that emotionless look on his face every time he was hurt, it is not possible for a human to have that kind of high tolerance for pain. They also notice that he didn't suffer any wounds, bruises, scorches or blisters on his skin, thinking that he must've used some kind spell or potions to resist bodily harm.

Then comes for the truth potion, difficult to make and can only be used on high ranking criminals and prisoners of war. They didn't force it down his throat, they simply trick him into drinking it, when they asks him the same question again the boy simply tells them the same answer like before. It doesn't feel right for Haryk; it felt like he's missing something here. Could it be that this boy is innocent? But then again Master Spies trained themselves to resist truth potions, even Haryk himself, training his body to resist the effect of a potion.

Haryk will find out more about the boy later and decided to set a trap for him, by letting him roam around the village with Mika as his guide, a simple trap to see if he would try to escape or gather information, it will be risky but worth the trouble. For now he'll wait for the boy to make a move as he glances at five elves heading toward the hut.

***

Mika and her friends are going to see the human being accompanied by Ira and Rosiy. She thinks back days ago when her parent come home, and just as she expected they were furious even more than the dragon incident, mostly her mother since her father is rather very forgiving. She wince when her mother went on almost an hour rant on how angry and disappointed she was for bringing a potential threat in the village, of course Mika defends herself claiming that the boy is lost and in need of help though this did little to soften her battle-hardened mother. After being scolded her mother then give out some punishment for her, from staying in home unless school to double chores around the mansion, and what she hate most is no desserts, all in one month.