Chapter 11

Somewhere at the Southern Islands

The tropic islands of Ramati are a sight to behold, white sand, clear waters, palm trees, and exotic animals, it is a shame that this place will be stained with blood, peace is shattered, and lives taken away. The Pirates of Black Cove, Nords, and Esnians attacked the Ramati without provocation, without just cause, and without mercy.

There were eight islands in total ruled by tribal chieftains, they would work together to repel raiders such as slavers from Esne Isla, their effort proved to be fruitful over the years but this time they're not so lucky, they are faced against a massive force, the invaders attack swift and brutal which overwhelms the defenders.

Hler is present in one battle, armed with a spear and shield he is ready for a fight, they were in groups of ten, scattered around the island, the plan of attack is to spread out and surround a coastal village while it's being attack by three ships, this way there be no escape for the villagers.

Just halfway through the jungle they're having some slight difficulties as it's hard to navigate through the heavy vegetation, thorns and broken branches would scratch their exposed face, hands and arms, Hler was slapped by vines and branches three times already. So far they didn't encounter anyone yet, until now.

Three islanders came into view, they rushed at them with spears and shield, one of them is armed with a wooden sword with shark tooth attached to the sides. Brave for facing against the bigger Nord group but it is not enough, the first threw his spear but in retaliation two spears were thrown and one impales him on the neck, the second ferociously attacks with the shark tooth club but is over surrounded and stabbed from all sides, and last islander retreated.

They then pursue sure that the man will run back to their village, chasing through the thick jungle making sure to not lose sight of him, sure enough the islander arrived at their village foolishly and inadvertently leading the Nords to it, and they give thanks to that man in a form of a flying spear landing on his back.

The village is already under siege from the sea, jungle and sky by their fellow Nords and their allies, Hler's group charged into the village and began pillaging. The young Nord follows and stayed close to his comrades, providing support with his long spear, striking with the long reach or attacking the enemy from the sides. He helped Veseti by stabbing an islander in the knee, saved a fellow Nord Atvaror by shielding him from arrows, and stopped an attack that would've been a fatal blow to one of his allies.

Fighting rages on as more Ramati warriors came out to meet them in battle, the fray is becoming more loud and chaotic, more houses are burning, bodies are littering the ground, warcry and clashing of weapons can be heard everywhere, these island warriors were brave and fierce than they thought resulting in a difficult battle. Up in the sky, Thunder Bird Riders from the Nord and Dragon riders of Esne Isla attacked from above, loosing arrows and swooping down with their long lances.

Hler is playing it safe, shield is always by his side or front, looking left and right, looking for an enemy to fight or a friend to assist, tense and on guard, half of his allies fighting near him are pirates or Esnians and he would prefer fighting with his people, suddenly a spear nearly impales him on the head were he looks saw it landing on the ground, looking the other way to see his attacker is a big man, he have three spears in his hand and it appears that he have his eyes on him like a predator. Hler looks around hoping that someone would fight him but all are busy at the moment, the large islander threw another spear and the young warrior blocks it with a shield and felt the power in the throw, he threw two more and Hler dodged it this time fearing that it could pierce right through his only protection.

The islander then sprints at him with a shark tooth club, striking Hler's shield with such force that he thought he might flew back, he held his ground as his enemy keeps hitting him savagely, shield absorbing every harsh blow. Thinking that he saw an opening Hler thrust his spear with the aim of impaling the chest, but the islander grabs it before it even touch his skin and breaks it into two with his weapon.