Chapter 3

Chapter 3

September 17, 2119

Location: Unknown

The island in the sea is forming from the volcano and lava on the north side; some plants grow on the south side except for rocky beaches. There are several people on this island, about fifteen of them. Edward Armbrecht, Yoko Nelson, Adam Dean Huller, and the other twelve are soldiers whom they requested to accompanied the three. How did they get there? After the two generals John and Douglas left Homey Airport, Yoko asks Adam to open up portal in an attempt to recover Android MK XXIV, Adam was reluctant but complied nonetheless, he don't have to worry about the Gate malfunctioning since the reason why the magnetic containment field failed is because it can't handle two Gates being operational at the same time. When the portal came up, they send a reconnaissance bot to scout it out and when the bot came back it shows video footage of a developing island. Thinking that her latest android is somewhere in there Yoko insisted that they go there to find her android. So they went to the portal and Adam brings his portable Gates so they can return to the base.

And here they are attempting to find Yoko's missing robot, they've set up base camp on the southern part of the island, tents and other equipment near the rocky beach. "Any sign of it?" The American-Japanese woman said to an earpiece.

"Found nothing."

"Just weeds and rocks out here."

"I didn't see it. Sorry ma'am."

Yoko sigh after hearing their replies, she turns to Sergeant Carl Simon who is kneeling on the ground checking something on his gadget, Personal Digital Assistant, PDA for short. Carl a guy in his mid-twenties, an African descent, neither too muscular nor skinny body and wearing a US army combat uniform, with a military cap covers his shaven head. He's rather laid-back and friendly but serious when a higher ranked soldier is present. Yoko called out to him. "Hey Carl! Any idea where we are?"

Carl shook his head a little as he keep pressing and moving apps in his device. "Nothing. Somehow I can't connect to any satellites, can't use the GPS. I can still connect to our base but it's weak and I can't pin point where we are. We could be somewhere in the Pacific or miles off East Coast." Pressing the "scan and connect", he waited for a second until his gadget is unable to detect any satellite signal.

"Weird." She comments.

"Yeah, weird." Carl stops trying with the gadget and looks up to Yoko. "Think we end up in Bermuda? I keep hearing strange stuff happening in there." He's not really comfortable in places that those kinds of things happen, planes and ships disappearing into thin air, one such story is a ship is found with its crew gone without a trace.

"Don't be ridiculous. It's probably salt in the air that's messing with the signal." Adam said after he heard the soldier mentioning the strange events at the Bermuda. "There's always a scientific explanation to everything."

"Adam's got a point." Edward joins the three. "But we shouldn't get distracted on rumors. Those stories could be made up you know, people looking to gain some fame and headlines." He watches some documentaries that give the Bermuda Triangle a scientific investigation, not a supernatural one.

Focusing back at their search for the robot continues, Carl trying to have internet connection, Yoko using her device to track down her android to no success, and Adam working on his portable gate. Once they searched the entire island most of the soldiers regrouped at the base camp, to discuss about whether to sending marine bots to search the seas or drones to get a clue in where they are. Before anyone could reached an agreement Corporal Scott who is the sniper in the squad shouted out from the communicator earpieces. "Be advised! Spotted some unknown aircraft headed for the island!"