Chapter 14

Blosomville

The Mage's lab of Zyco is a place of vast knowledge and advanced magic, the quantity of books and scrolls can rival the village's library, not only does he practice his craft to perfection he also passes his teachings to his assistants, apprentices, and prodigious students.

Zyco is a man in his seventh century and a half, long white hair reaching pass his shoulders, and wears a long blue robes with gold outlines, he is a merry fellow with a love for learning and teaching, he is soft spoken and helpful to the scholars and novices with his advises, experimenting with many spells which result in either intriguing success or laughable blunder. He may have the appearance of a frail old man but he's a force to be reckoned with, his incredible mastery over the magical arts have reached to the point where he can cast four spells at the same time, casts and maintain many high level spells with minimal cost of mana, and his knowledge of over a thousand spells, from a making a small spark at the tip of a finger to a calling forth a giant tidal wave.

Today is going to be an interesting day, after the session is over and dismissing his class he'll be examining that golem boy, the stranger that Mika brought in her home, upon telling the Greenfield couple about his and Haryk's suspicion Claire approved provided that there'll be no harm to come to the boy during the first examination. No doubt adhering to the ancient law of Xenia, but if he's correct in his intuition then it no longer apply for it only reserve for living mortals not objects animated by magic, free to dissect and take apart piece by piece, and if things goes well he might discover it's secrets and use it for the benefit of Silvarrine.

Coming through the doors are Mika and the golem, an odd duo to say the last, she's becoming too attached to him, fast friends or does she sees him as a pet like all the other animals she brought home? Whatever the case is his fate might change by his findings, and with a warm smile. "Welcome, please, make yourselves comfortable and have a cup of milk tea."

Helping herself for a cup and taking a sip, smile because of the sweetness she drank it all down. "Mister Archmage, if you don't mind me asking, why are we here?"

"It's just a simple observation on your guest, it's not every day that a human have poof out of nowhere." He said jovially, gazing at the boy to see any reaction which he is just staring back, not uttering a single word.

A little concern for her friend Mika asks. "Is it going to be painful?"

"Painful? Nonsense, my dear, I can assure you that he will not be harmed." Besides, if he and Haryk are correct then this boy may not feel anything at all. "Now, go play with other children outside, and he'll be back in no time."

Not wanting to waste his time Mika nodded, said "Goodbye" to the boy and left. When the doors closed Zyco glances at the end of the room, coming near them is Haryk who said. "Shall we begin?"

Nodding he turns to the boy. "Can you kindly lay down on that table over there?" Like an obedient soldier he just walks up to it, before it could sit. "Before you do, will you please remove your shirt?" With that he took it off no questions ask.

With the boy laid on the table the men stand closer with Haryk repeating the reports during his time interrogating him. "As I've said before, his skin is hard as stone, no bruises nor scars were formed when we've beaten him, no blisters from the hot irons, among other things."

"Then we shall begin with some light dissection." He picks up a scalpel and makes a small incision on the boy's palm, but then he saw that there are no slit, he then poke the palm with more force but the skin hold firm. "Fascinating, he cannot be cut," He pokes the palm with his finger and took some mental notes "And his skin still retain its softness and warmth. Haryk let's try your hand, you have more strength than me."