Chapter 7

Somewhere near the Sea of Eternal Mist

A fleet of twenty longships sailed across the big sea, ships with row of shields on its side and a dragon's head on its bow, seafaring in these ships are the notorious Nords. Many of these men were thinking that they would strike at the southern parts of Albion, though disappointed to know they'll be making no such assault, but became excited when they learn that they'll be headed towards Silvarinne assisting with some pirates.

The ships aren't sailing forward by wind or a group of oarsmen; they're all being controlled by rune casters, or Nordic Mages. It is in the Nordsmen belief that all ships or fleets should have at least one rune caster, magic users who will perform protection spells to keep them safe in their journeys.

"Elves, have you seen one before, Tulkr?" Asks a Nord sitting at the sides and watching forward horizon, he's not wearing his helmet which shows his dark blond hair and a young face with grey eyes, he might be the youngest one in the ship since he's in his late teen.

"Well I had seen a few at the Black Shore, beautiful as they say." Said a big and broad man named Tulkr who's eating some dried meat gazing to where his friend is looking at.

"The Black Shore, all of those elves living there are half breeds, so they shouldn't count." Said another Nord who's half drunk and taking another swig of mead.

"What about you then, Veseti? Have you met or seen one?" The first Nord asks.

"Yes. They're rare but I saw a Wild Elf from Zalturia, you all know the story about them, the harsh jungle made them tough and strong, gruelling training to become perfect warriors and assassins, selling their services for the highest bidder. Expensive, yes, but they do get the job done." Veseti said.

"And I heard that these Wild Elves would often fight wearing scantily armour and clothes that it's not so different from being naked." Said Tulkr, making them laugh loudly at the thought of the Zalturian attire.

"Say. It's been bothering me, what is that over there? Is a storm coming?" Spoke the young Nord who's asking many questions.

The two look to the direction he's pointing at, the ominous mist that is very far from them. Tulkr shivered a bit, he may not fear many enemies but the stories behind the mist always unnerved him. "That's the infamous Sea of Eternal Mist. Surely Hler, you heard many of its tales?"

"You mean the sea that is plagued with monsters of every size imaginable, treacherous storms, and the thick mist that confuses every sailor making them lost for weeks?" Hler was a little surprise that they're near the notorious sea. He lives in a small village far east of their capital, so he has little knowledge of what's going on outside his home village.

"Aye little one, and as long that we keep our distance we'll don't have to worry about the monsters that lurks under those waters." Tulkr assured him as bite his dried beef.

The fleet sailed this close and also far from the mist making their way to Esne Isla, they know that ships would never venture anywhere near the sea. Though, some of crewmen were anxious, many fearing that a sea monster might rise from the sea and attack them at any moment.

Night came and many of the Nords are fast asleep, rune casters and some sailors are wide awake to ensure the ship won't get lost and to stay on course.

It's going to be a peaceful night until a bright light suddenly shines on them causing the still awaked Nords to gaze up and alarmed. A loud and stern male voice can be heard from afar, loud enough for the whole fleet to hear.

"Attention! You are all entering a restricted area! Turn back now or we'll be forced to take action against you!"

The loud voice and the bright white light awakened many of the Nords as they all came up the deck. Hler, Tulkr, Veseti and the rest of the crew of their ship are all up and armed with swords, axes and spears. The one commanding their ship Mikjel came to see the strange lights.