Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Somewhere, in the skies of Albion

He can feel the wind brushing his face, touching the low clouds as he goes, and glancing at the horizons. He loved the sensation of flight as he nudges his dragon to soar higher, pulling up the rein so the dragon will aim high. This young man have dark brown hair that reaches his shoulders, dark blue eyes, a clean shaven face, and a muscular build under the blue and silver armor with a white dragon symbol on the breastplate. "Prince Frederick! You shouldn't fly that high; you might get sky sickness again." Shouted a young man followed by the prince's companions who were all trying to match his pace.

Laughing loudly and smiling wide he gaze down to his friends and guardians, there are about eight of them. "You worry too much little Jan! You should act more like Alastair, bright-spirited like me!" He grin at his young cousin from his mother side, Jan Hawke, a young skinny looking boy in armor with a pretty face, short golden hair and sky blue eyes.

The other who is a King's Guard voiced his opinion. "Your cousin is right my prince. It's dangerous to fly that high; you've fainted the last time you tried to reach the stars. We're glad that we manage to catch you!"

The prince can't really tell if it's either Filbert or Loys, he have to see their faces and hear their voices, he can't tell because of the wind rushing pass them so they have to shout out loud to hear each other while flying, and they're all wearing helmets. "Fine, I'll fly safely." He don't want to worry them and he don't want to face his mother's wrath, he don't want to receive another verbal beating like the last time when she found out that he almost died because of a reckless way of flying.

And so they went on with their usual aerial exercise, doing quick maneuvers, practicing formations, and sometimes do some fun aerial stunt like sudden nose dive and performing the wind drill. But their flight exercise were interrupted when they heard a humming sound and saw something above the clouds, they went for a closer look and was almost collided with a white blur, luckily the prince and his party were able to avoid collision with it. "By Theos, what is that thing?" One of the Royal Guard exclaimed.

"We'll have to find out, go after that creature!" The prince ordered with authority in his tone. The others quickly regain their balance and stances and went after the flying creature. They spread out a few meters to try and outflanked it, they've get to take a better look at the creature and what they saw is the strangest bird they've ever see; this white bird have a metallic look, appears featherless, long neck with a big head, wheels instead of talons, and no eyes.

"What kind of bird is that?" Questions another Royal Guard, in all their lives, they've never seen a bird like that, perhaps a new species?

"It must be a demon! Must've been summoned by some shadow cult! Look how outlandish that thing is!" Loys cried out where he put his hand at his sword handle in case they have to fight that thing.

"If so then we shall vanquished it!" Prince Frederick declared removing his sword from his scabbard and charges forward with his men following behind. "We will mount this soon-to-be dead beast on our halls."

The prince and his men tried to catch the flying beast for minutes, but for all their effort they could not match it's speed and it's slowly going farther. Frederick thinks of a plan and didn't take long to come up with one, turning his head left to his cousin seeing his black scaled dragon struggling to keep up. "Jan! You can use the Swift Arrow? Tie a rope to your arrow, go to its side and hit that beast."

"I'm still learning the basic of it, and I'm not as good as my sister when it comes to magic! I doubt I can hit it." Jan is still a young learner with great inexperience. But his cousin just shout "Just try it", so Jan huff out some air loudly and began tying a rope to an arrow, taking out his bow and placing the arrow in place, moving farther left and aims at the side of the beast. Remembering his father's training in archery he heighten his focus and stretch the rope, channels plenty of Mana into the arrow and lets go of the arrow. As it name describe it, the arrow swiftly flew through the wind and hit its mark.