𝟔| 𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋𝐒

It was two in the morning and I was laying wide awake in Frenchie's bed in my street clothes-plus shoes-when I heard the familiar rumble of Kenickie's horrible car

It was two in the morning and I was laying wide awake in Frenchie's bed in my street clothes-plus shoes-when I heard the familiar rumble of Kenickie's horrible car. I downed the rest of the whiskey Frenchy gave me at one in the morning. I was still moping around then when she and the girls gave up and went to bed.

I got up and left the bottle of whiskey with the rest of my finished alcohol bottles. I snuck out of Frenchy's room, not standing being in the same room as Rizzo at the moment, and crept out of the same window Riz went through yesterday. I stuck to the right side of the house and shimmied my way down the drainpipe. Rizzo didn't see me as she went up the vine ladder to the window and closed it.

I emerged from the darkness and Kenickie yelped in surprise. "Holy shit!"

"Sorry," I whispered. I hiccuped thanks to the whiskey.

"Whatcha doin' Mamba?" Kenickie laid back on his precious car.

I giggled, touching the car along the trim. I bit my lip and stared at him. Gosh, I was so far gone.

"Look, if you're looking for that, I can't give it to ya, I can't go with two Pinks." Kenickie looked sorrowful. He looked at me, giving me a sorry gesture. I giggled harder, laughing now. I was full on laughing and Kenickie looked at me like I sprouted antlers.

"Oh," he concluded. "You're ditzy."

I licked my lips, leaning on the car with my elbow. "Now, how did ya get to that conlusion?" I smirked at my mistake.

Kenickie just smirked at my slur and turned the engine on again. "Hop in, where do you wanna go?"

I smiled and practically threw myself across his lap. "Woah! Charlie!" Kenickie threw his hands up and chuckled nervously before helping me get into the passenger seat.

"So...home?" Kenickie asked, raising a brow. Just thinking about my dad coming home drunk and finding me drunk too and what he'll do scared me even in my drunken state.

I shook my head vigorously. "No...do you have a place for me to stay? Like a basement?"

"What?" Kenickie said dumbfounded. "You're not sleeping in my basement. My Pink Ladies deserve nothing but the best. I can park somewhere safe for us to sleep tonight." He put the car in reverse and went to first gear.

"Sleep in here?" I asked, looking around the piece of paper this car is.

"Yep," Kenickie said, never taking his eyes off of the road.

I slid down my seat, crossing my arms like a child. The piece of paper itched my skin so I moved my bra around. I could feel Kenickie's eyes on me but he didn't say anything.

"Hey, do you know if any of the Pink Ladies had trouble with the Scorpions?" I asked out of the blue, thinking about my incident.

Kenickie looked at me in surprise. "Not that I know of, but their leader did try to date Marty when she first came aboard. Why?"

"Just askin'." I said, turning to the greenery that went by.

"Hey, Charlie," Kenickie said. I didn't turn, I don't know why but I might've been too drunk to tell you. "Charlie!"

Kenickie slapped his hand on the steering wheel. I got scared and jumped in my seat. I leaned over the side to throw up. Once I was done, I turned back to a wide-eyed Kenickie saying I was far gone.

"You tell me if that ever happens to you, ya hear?" He asked, pointing at me. "You wearin' that brand now, meaning that you have a target on your back for the Scorpions to hit."

I didn't say anything.

"Ya tell me, ya hear?" Kenickie asked louder. I didn't say anything. I have no idea why, my sober conscious telling myself to answer.

"Charlie!" Kenickie yelled.

"Okay! Okay! I was just askin'!" I said to him, putting my hands up in defense.

"You didn't answer, I thought the worst." Kenickie looked forward.

"Why did you care so much?" I asked. God dammit Charlie keep your trap shut.

"Well, I do care for the Pink Ladies since you guys are like the addition to the T-Birds. You guys are our girls and we gotta protect y'all." Kenickie smiled at me, whipping out a cigarette.

"Look what Marty gave me!" I said, pulling out Snake. I stuck a cigarette into her and lit it with my light blue lighter.

"What a waste of fifteen cents." Kenickie said, letting his cigarette hang in his mouth.

"I thought it was nice!" I said, blowing some of my smoke into the night-or should I say morning?-air. "It was a welcome gift."

"My welcome gift was handling the three stooges," Kenickie joked. I smiled. I knew deep down Kenickie cared deeply for Danny, Doody, Sonny and Putzie.

A few minutes later, Kenickie picked a spot by an apple orchard. Well, he parked in it. I rolled my eyes when he said, "It's for camouflage."

"The backseat's the most comfortable." Kenickie said.

"Um, I don't really want to sleep where you and Riz made out." I said shyly.

He rolled his eyes. "I wiped it down."

Sighing, I dropped into the back, curling up into a ball.

"Good night, Kenick," I said, half expecting him to not answer. When he didn't, I closed my eyes and started to drift.

"Good night, Charlie," he said softly. If he had waited another minute, I would've been dead asleep.

[EDITED]