𝟏𝟒 | 𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐌𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐌𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇

When we arrived at Kenickie's place, it wasn't much of a house at all. It was more like four walls and a roof.

"I usually shack up in the RV," Kenickie said sheepishly. I smiled and gave his arm a squeeze to reassure him that I didn't mind. We walked up to the mobile home and he opened the door for me. I carried my duffle bag in and looked around. It was a little bigger than a normal RV, but there was a TV and a bathroom.

"Heat, power and water all work," Kenickie said. He opened up the fridge to show me the foods that were there.

"Make yourself at home, I'm gonna take a shower," Kenickie said, walking down the RV to the bathroom. I grabbed his arm quickly.

"Kenickie," I said. He turned around to meet my eyes. "Thanks."

"No problem." With that, he walked into the bathroom and the shower turned on. I looked around and found it to be actually on the clean side. This surprised me; I wouldn't think Kenickie would be so clean.

I saw a bed on top of the driver's seat where a curtain could be pulled. There was also a master bedroom a little past the bathroom.

"Hey Kenickie?" I knocked on the door of the bathroom.

"Yeah?" He shouted.

"Um, where should I put my stuff?" I asked.

"Just put them in the master. I usually sleep on the pull out anyways." Kenickie said. I wanted to argue about it but he was in the shower, so I'd have to wait until he got out.

I went to the master bedroom and started to unpack in the closet there. I figured Kenickie would let me since there's no place else for them. I pulled out my pjs which consisted of  a two-piece, pink, silk ensemble with the words 'sweet' with a heart and arrow and then 'sour' with a cherry.

I quickly changed into it, not remembering my scar on my wrist that was visible, and laid down on the bed, playing with my hair as I wondered why Kenickie was being so nice to me. Couldn't be feelings, he was with Rizzo. Maybe he's trying to be friendly?

Kenickie? Friendly? I really gotta do something else other than lie here. In that moment, the water turned off in the bathroom and soon, a shirtless and towel-clad Kenickie walked into the room. His hair was all frizzy and messy, meaning he used his towel to dry it quickly. It actually looked good on him.

He gave me a tight smile as he held onto his towel with a clenched fist. His eyes fell onto my pjs that I was wearing. His eyes went from honey to dark chocolate in seconds.

"What is that?" he asked. I looked down at my pjs.

"My pjs," I shrugged nonchalantly.

"Those are not pjs, those are something you would wear when you're trying to be a one-woman USO." Kenickie's words sounded just like what Marty said to me at the sleepover; the words that she hated so much.

So, I got up and stretched right in front of him. "So what? At least I'd get some."

Kenickie was about to say something before his eyes rested on my arm. His faced changed into worry as he pulled my hand down and brought his face close to my wrist. As soon as I realized what he was doing, it was too late.

"What the hell was that?" Kenickie asked when I pulled away.

"It's nothing," I said, rubbing my wrist.

"That ain't nothin'," Kenickie said, pointing at me. I rolled my eyes and fell back down onto the bed.

"Listen, I really don't wanna talk about it," I mumbled.