𝟗 | 𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐍𝐈𝐍'

To be honest, I wasn't prepared for that question

To be honest, I wasn't prepared for that question. I don't want them to know that I had a break down over Rizzo saying that I 'wasn't even pastel.' It was so embarrassing that I had to walk home. A place where I get abused daily. So yeah, it was pretty embarrassing to have that happen to me.

"Out for a walk," I responded to Danny, knowing what he's trying to get at.

"For three hours?" Kenickie asked, getting out from behind the car while wiping his hands with a red cloth.

"What better way to get exercise?" I snapped, not liking that Kenickie's getting into my business. He held his hands up in defense, getting into his car that was sitting in the garage.

"Hey, uh, did you change while you were walkin'?" Sonny asked. Doody hit him with his rag and rounded the car. "Sorry."

"It's fine," I smiled, waving him off.

Sonny was teasing Kenickie about the car. Danny had enough and turned to Sonny, asking him about what he drove.

"I drive! Hey, what about Putz?" Sonny turned and pointed to Putzie.

"Well what about Doody?" Putzie asked, putting the attention on Doody.

"Well, I-uh," Doody stammered.

"Yeah, that's what I thought," Danny said, patting the car. "Look, this car could be an amazing piece of machinery, you know that? Look at this,"

Danny popped the top off, causing Kenickie to jump up and cringe at the sound that it made. Hearing Danny's words made me laugh. What can they do with this hunk of junk?

"Why this car could be automatic," Danny stepped back and took his jacket off halfway. I cringed internally. This was Kenickie's car anyways...

"Systematic," He shimmied his jacket a little bit more.

"Hydromatic," he started to say in a singsong voice. He took his leather jacket all the way off, showing his arms off.

"Why, it could be Greased Lightnin'!" He exclaimed, throwing his jacket up and over his head.

"Greased Lightnin'!" I heard a boy echoing. I stepped back and jumped up and sat on one of the crates, knowing this will be a dance number I do not want to be in.

"We'll get some overhead lifters and four barrel quads, oh yeah." Danny sang in an unusual deep voice, making me snort. His little dance didn't help either.

"Keep talkin', woah keep talkin'!" Kenickie sang, liking the sound of his new dream car already. I smiled at the sight. He looked like a little kid.

"A fuel injection cut off and chrome plated rods, oh yeah." Danny sang.

"We'll get her ready! I need to get her ready!" Kenickie belted, making weird facial expressions, but looking excited at the same time.

"With a four speed on the floor, they'll be waitin' at the door. You know that ain't no shit, we'll be gettin' lots of tit," Danny jumped off of the desk he was dancing on, making his hands look like he was grabbing breasts and I rolled my eyes. Boys. "In Greased Lightnin'."