𝟏𝟐 | 𝐋𝐄𝐎

"Yo! Charlie!" I heard Kenickie call to me as I left the garage

"Yo! Charlie!" I heard Kenickie call to me as I left the garage. I turned to look at him, waiting while smoking. "Where ya goin'?"

"Out," I shrugged. I turned and took a few steps away, needing to meet Crater Face by Thunder Road.

"I got an RV back at the orchard," Kenickie said, just loud enough do that I'd only hear. He got real close to me and I leaned back a little, not wanting any T-Bird or Pink Lady to think anything was up.

"C'mon Charles," Kenickie said softly. My heart skipped a beat at the nickname. Sure, I had other nicknames like Charlie or Mamba, but nothing like 'Charles'. I know it's a boy's name, but I couldn't help but feeling like his little princess right then and there.

"I gotta be somewhere Kenick," I said, backing away, towards my place, where I would get into my car to meet up with Crater Face.

Kenickie grabbed my arm, making my jacket ride up, again. His finger was right on my scar and I turned quickly to yank my arm away and blow a puff of smoke into his face. I know he hated it, but I needed something to keep him distracted from what he just did.

"Jesus Charlie! How many times do I have to ask ya to stop?" He said, swatting away the smoke.

"Slips my mind," I mumbled, turning and sprinting the other way. I ran across the football field, as fast as my legs could carry me. I looked behind me and Kenickie running after me. After a while, he stopped and seemed to throw something in my direction. Once I was hidden by trees on my road, I slowed and returned to as walk. I felt the heat of the September day settle onto myself. I don't even know why I ran, but, it did make my heart swell at the thought of Kenickie chasing after me.

I saw my house and stopped on the sidewalk. My father was home. His fucking car was in the driveway, blocking my car. My face felt hot as I thought of a way to get to Thunder Road. God, if my father didn't kill me, Crater Face definitely would. I thought about taking my father's car. If I could just get it started.

I walked hesitantly towards the dark green Cadillac. I quietly slipped into the front seat of the convertible and looked beneath the dashboard. I've seen people steal cars by making it start with wires. I took out my Swiss Army knife and switched open the tiny blade. I used the tip to unscrew the bolts holding the panel to the wires above.

Once the panel fell into my hands, I set it aside as I looked for the correct wire to make the car start. I found the one that was connected to the ignition and pulled it out, making it hang in front of my face. I sliced it open with the blade and put my knife back. I rubbed them together, hopping to get a spark that could last me at least until Frosty Palace, where I'd have to spark it again.

I took me a couple of tries, but the car rumbled to life. As soon as it did, I knew I didn't have much time before my father would come out and see what was going on. I climbed back into my seat and didn't even bothered to put my seatbelt on. I kicked it in reverse and backed out as quick as I could. I put it into first gear and then gradually made it to third. I heard shouting and looked into my rear view mirror to see my father out of the house, on the sidewalk yelling at me. I smirked and made my way to Frosty Palace.