𝟏𝟔 | 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐀𝐋

"No." Kenickie said harshly. I rolled my eyes at him as he grumbled his answer. The two kids haven't been talking to each other in months. A lot of things happened. Kenickie has been continuously been flirting with me and I've tried to get him to stop, but to no avail. Danny and Sandy have finally made up and they're going to go to the dance together. The whole gang has found a romantic element in each other, it was my duty to make Rizzo and Kenickie go to the dance together.

"Why? Kenickie, Rizzo and you are made for each other. Just take her out on one date, please!" I pleaded. He just gave me an annoyed look a started to walk to the other side of the RV.

"Why? She threw a bottle of whiskey at my head." Kenickie said, getting into the little bed above the driver's seat.

"So? All relationships have their bumps," I said.

"Charles, our bumps are not like others," Kenickie sighed as he slung an arm over his eyes.

"Look, there's the end of the year dance in two weeks," I said. "Ask her out."

"What if I don't want to take her?" Kenickie asked.

"Then who would you take? You can't go alone!"

"What if I don't want to go?" Kenickie said.

"You don't wanna go? Why?" I asked.

"'Cause I wouldn't be with the one that I want to go with..." Kenickie looked at me from his position. I stared up at him and tried to formulate a sentence.

"Kenickie," I started. I knew what he was trying to do. "You know I can't be that girl. I can't break up relationships and friendships!"

"Charlie," Kenickie said, completely ignoring me. He jumped down from the bed and stood in front of me. "I don't say these things lightly..."

I sucked in a breath. I can't have him saying anything that makes me fall head over heels for him again. I can't look into his eyes without the overwhelming feeling of wanting to be constantly under his gaze. I can't look at him without wanting to be in his arms. And I hate myself for wanting that.

"I'm in love with you Charles," Kenickie whispered as he stepped closer to me. I couldn't do this though. I couldn't do this to Rizzo or the girls. Or myself for that matter.

"I-" I started, but Kenickie shut me up as he crashed his lips onto mine. I stood there in shock for a minute. This is what I wanted. All those months ago, the first day of school trying to impress him, everything. I did it all to get him. I finally get a reward for my hard work, but of course, Rizzo comes to mind. Of course she does. I'm that person who can never be happy if no one is.

I pushed him away abruptly. Anger built up inside of me. I told him time and time again to talk to Rizzo, to sort things out before anything can happen. He completely disregarded me. He doesn't respect my opinion or my feelings.

"Kenickie, you can't do this. You have to talk to her," I said quickly.

"I don't care," he said as he stepped to me again, pulling my face towards him and kissing me again. It was with so much force and lust and speed that it felt too sloppy. I didn't like it. It wasn't Kenickie- it wasn't the real him.

I pushed him back once more, pissed off even more. I pulled my palm back and hit the side of his face, slapping him. My arm felt a jolt and a buzz that I've only felt once before. Adrenaline sparked in my eyes as I watched Kenickie's head snap to the side.

"I told you no." I said firmly. I made sure to choose those words to make him feel bad. To feel like Leo. Maybe to make him understand that this was a choice, not a feeling.