𝟏𝟗| 𝐈 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐂𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐔𝐏

It was Sunday morning in Kenickie and I's RV. Kenickie was sleeping but I was wide awake. I looked at the beauty before me with happy eyes. I started humming a random tune that I thought fitted our slumber.

"The mornin' sun," I sang softly to a sleeping Kenickie. I traced his arms and his lean biceps. He doesn't have bulging muscles, but he does have something there that I absolutely love. "Shines on your skin."

"'Cause your white curtains, they are, paper thin," I breathed. It was true, the RV curtains couldn't even hold a butterfly. I watched his chest rise and fall with each breath he took.

"Windows open, I can feel the breeze," I hummed as I trailed my palm across his cheek. The breeze felt nice during the summer. It felt nostalgic. "But we're safe here, under the sheets."

"I don't ever wanna leave, I'll watch you sleep," I turned to look a the ceiling, a wave of happiness overcoming me and I just wanted to lay there, looking at him.

"And listen to you breathe." I hummed a little. "I don't ever wanna leave, I'll watch you sleep, I'll watch you sleep..."

"I never get bored of lookin' at you," I said, noticing a tiny scar under his left cheek and I smiled. "'Cause every time, I see somethin' new."

"Like the scar on your spine," I reminisced as he told me the story of his childhood with Danny. They had fun times in this RV, but those fun times are now shared with me, which I am honored. "You fell off our roof when you were nine."

"You lived a life before me..." I sang sadly. It made me sad to know that I wasn't here for Kenickie the past years I lived in Brooklyn.

"I don't ever wanna leave, I'll watch you sleep. And listen to you breathe," I said, turning back to him, closing my eyes too.

"I don't ever wanna leave..." I hummed.

"I'll watch you sleep... I'll watch you sleep..." I barely sang as I drifted off to sleep again.

"We have pictures of you so called 'Mooners'. And just because the pictures aren't of your face, doesn't mean we can't identify you," Mrs. McGee said, kicking off the Monday morning. Saturday and Sunday, Kenickie and I just stayed in his RV keeping busy, if you know what I mean.

Frenchy snorted at McGee's statement. She turned to me from her seat in chemistry. "How's ol' Kenick?"

"Frenchy!" I laughed.

"What? You've waited the whole year for this!" Frenchy smiled.

"Well," I blushed. "He's good."

"He's good?" Frenchy wiggled her brows.