♤|9|♤

"From this day forward ... Until the end of time. You shall be working for me. You will work for me . Sacrifice your life for me , the estate and the whole country .... You are no longer Leane Govourne , now you are Margaret Evans. You take on your new identity and the last name of your fallen lover ... Welcome my maid"

■■■■■

The Phantomhive carriage was returning back to the manor. Sebastian was at the front with the reigns. Inside were his Mistress and their newly hired maid Margaret.

'A Phantomhive servant ... Working for the King's watchdog..'

"Are you feeling anxious on your new job ?" (Y/n) spoke breaking the silence.

Margaret grinned as she shook her head. "Strangely no ... In fact , I feel quite excited to be serving you. Mistress (y/n)"

(Y/n) raised a brow.

"I've been curious , I never took you for the one who chooses the most unworldy beings to be your servants" (y/n) was getting interested on Margaret's words.

The maid continued on speaking. "For example , how your loyal butler is a demon"

(Y/n ) is impressed on Margaret's perception. "Is it part of your gift as Vampire Beast ?'

Margaret nodded. "Indeed it is. I am capable of sensing if the people around me are truly human or not... And what supernatural connections they have"

(Y/n) is impressed on Margaret and continues listening on to her words.

"Mistress , I hate to pry but it seems you have some sort of connection with him. Like a contract of some sort. But what's different is that you weren't the one who made it... More of inheritance , am I correct ?" Spoke Margaret.

(Y/n) then looked at the window , resting her head on her palm.  "My first maid already found out my secret. I knew I made the right choice".

(Y/n) then looked back at Margaret. "Sebastian is my father's butler , he was originally the one who made the contract. When I was born , the contract continued on from father to daughter".

"Then you must bear resentment for your father , seeing as he has given you a great burden" Margaret spoke.

"At first I do ... But over time I've learned to accept it" (y/n ) said calmly. "Why do I need to continue on such a life when I the person I tried to live for is gone" she mumbled.

"Mistress..." Margaret wanted to know more , but she knew she was breaking boundaries and letting the mistress remember things that she wishes to not speak about. She decided to keep quite.

"We're here" (y/n) announced. Margaret looked out at the window and was amazed at the Phantomhive Manor. "That is where you'll be working from now on"

The carriage stops right at the front door. Sebastian opens the coach door and assists his (y/n) and Margaret down.

"Sebastian take my bags to my room and after that guide Margart to her sleeping quarters and orient her on what she will be doing. I'll go to the study" (y/n) said as she walk back to the mansion.

"This way Miss" Sebastian did what he was told.

■■■■■

(Y/n) was doing paperwork that she left before the trip. She was very busy and quite stressed. She then rubbed her temples.

"My lady , I think it would be better if you rest" Sebastian said as he entered the room. "You just came from a trip , you can resume your work tomorrow".

"I would , but I have to finish these. How can I call myself the head of the Funtom Company if I am easily weaken" She replied as she continued on her work. "Anyways , where is Margaret ? Have you done what I commanded ?"

Sebastian nodded. "Indeed. Allow her to serve you tea ... You may come in now'

Margaret then came in , pushing a  tea cart. She was wearing the Standard Phantomhive maid outfit. Her hair flowing in the back while at the top front is formed into a dutch head band braid.

(So this is Margaret's dress and hair style)

"Good afternoon , mistress (y/n)" she said im a soft voice

"Good afternoon , mistress (y/n)" she said im a soft voice. "I shall be serving you this afternoon. Today's tea is Black Tea"

She gave (y/n) her tea. (Y/n) smelled a whiff of it and after a few minutes she took a sip.

"I'm impressed , you must've learned fast from Sebastian" (y/n ) said. Margart smiled at her compliment. "You're good to go . Sebastian , stay for awhile"

Margaret bowed and left the room.

"What is it you need to talk about , my lady ?" Sebastian asked.

"Do you suspect anything from her ?" Asked (y/n)

"By the looks of it nothing for now. She has given no sign as a threat"

"I see , well then... Sebastian , keep an eye on her for the time being. She maybe unique , but she might start rampaging and devour people nearby"

"As you wish , my lady"