♤|42|♤

"N-no ... P-please..." A woman cried , as she was being cornered in an alley. Trembling , fearing for what will become of her.

"Don't worry darling , it will only be in a pinch" A psychotic man said , grinning like a lunatic as he approaches his victim.

There was no escape , it was the dead of night. No person could hear her screams. "P-please ... S-someone ... HELP !!!!" She screamed at the top of her lungs even if it was futile.

The man then grabbed the woman by the neck , licking his lips in delight. "Its time for you to go..." He then raised his weapon about to end the woman's life.

"... George Joseph Smith" a voice spoke which halted the man in his actions. He stood up and look behind him to see the person who was courageous enough to stop him.

"Yesssss ?" He spat. He was surprised it was none other than a girl. "Well , well , well it seems I have another one to dispatch" he gave a chuckle. "Don't worry , I'll be with you in a minute darling"

She glared at him. "George Joseph Smith ... Also known as the Brides in the Bath murderer. By order of the king , you are hereby punished for your crimes"

"Oh ? How cute ... " He then charges at her. "But I doubt at little girl can stop me !!!!" He was about to cut her when.

"Sebastian ..."

George was then beheaded by none other than the demonic butler , Sebastian Michaelis. The murderer's lifeless body fell to the grown while his head roll right in front of the woman's feet. She yelped upon seeing what has become of her murderer.

"Little girl ? How funny that a little girl such as myself is appointed as the King's Watchdog" (Y/n) laughed. "Don't ever underestimate a Phantomhive"

■■■

"The king is very delighted on all the cases he gave you to be solved" Sebastian said as he served his mistress tea.

"Its because I'm a reliable person" (Y/n) responded confidently. "I'm living up to the Phantomhive name afterall"

"Indeed you are" Sebastian spoke. "Anyways , he sent out another letter... Its an invitation"

"Invitation , for what ?"

"He's holding a End of the Year Ball and has invited you as one of his special Guests" Sebastian said as he handed the letter for (Y/n) to read.

"Sorry , but I must decline... Prepare me a paper to write my reply" (Y/n) said handing the letter back to her butler. "I have already plans for the new year... I've promised Ho-chien that I'd celebrate it with him."

"Oh really (Y/n) !!! Oh how delightful ... Soo touching ! You really care for me" Ho-chien exclaimed hugging (Y/n).

"Where did you come from ?!" (Y/n) was surprised at his sudden appearance.

"I have my secrets" Ho-chien replied confidently. "Anyways ... I'm so touched that you never miss a year of spending the New years with me" he said happily.

"S-shut up" (Y/n) looked away a bit embarrassed on Ho-chien's words. "Its only because I have nothing better to do in the New Years"

■■■

"Tch ... That Phantomhive brat , always getting the King's recognition ? What about me-his loyal advisor ? Always getting stepped on like a rag... She just rose to power because of father's reputation. While I , I had to work hard to get it. But look , I never even reached my goal !!! Tch ..." Peter Magnus , the King's royal adviser complained after hearing the majesty's wonderful comments on (Y/n) works and achivements.